Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Oh my . . . it's been a while . .

. . . since I last blogged! I had high hopes of being a good blogger this year but as always "life" got in the way. Unfortunately Steve had a car crash and wrote the car off, so we have been up to our ears in insurance paperwork and looking for a new car . . . that's where the arguments really began! I like driving a manual car and he likes driving an automatic . . so we've given up for the moment and are relying on my lickle jaloppie.

Well today is ICSketches time and I loved this weeks sketch and have actually made 2 cards but being a meanie, I'm only going to show you one. I have used the card to make a Sympathy Card as Steve's Nan died on Friday. She had a full life and was 95 when she passed.

Papers: glittered mulberry paper scraps
Pearlescent card
Nesties - lable ? 
Swirls and butterfly - Mariane dies
Flower - Oyster Crafts
Sentiment - unknown
Pearl Gems - MEI

 I wanted to make my card deliberately not look like a traditional Sympathy card but still keep the colours quite serene. The sentiment is simple but just what was required too.


I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Incy Wincy designs - Flowers
Lollipop Crafts - anything goes
Crazy Challenge - flowers
Die Cuttin Divas - anything goes
Truly Scrumptious - something forgotten - my something is the glittered mulberry papers I had carefully stored away!

I'm back off to bed as still suffering from a head cold and need to get warm!

Lou
x



7 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Our deepest sympathy on the loss of Steve's Nan. Your card is nothing less than amazing. So elegant. Hope you sort the car business out soon. hugs to you, eileen

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Lou, I think this is beautiful. Saw it at ICSketches and just wanted to see what else you have been up to.

Michelle
Ultimate-whirligig.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Lovely card. Love the colours and that beautiful flower. xx

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

Wow! That is amazing! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for playing with us at DCD

Samantha said...

OH MY!!! just so pleased to hear your husband is ok! and was not injured in the crash! Hmmmm I had a automatic years ago and it was the worst car I ever drove give me a manual any day!

LOVE your card that flower is stunning too! So great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

Candy said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing along at DCD.
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

ChatterScene.com said...

Glad your DH is okay. And the card is beautiful!