Followers

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Oooohhh I have news!

Many moons ago, I uset to be on the ICS DT (Inspirational Card Sketches) and it was for an allotted 6th month time scale. Well, I saw that they were recruiting again, so I thought I'd try out again but did totally understood if Dawn said "no" (as I had already had had a go on the DT) . . . however I was a very happy lickle Lou as Dawn has asked me to play along again . . . yippee!

Well this week at ICS, the theme is called "any sketch goes" which means you can use any sketch from another challenge blog to create your card/project so that gives you loads of flexibility. I have used the sketch from last weeks challenge over at Papertake Weekly . . .


and here is how I interpreted it . .

Papers: Bird Song by First Edition
Postcard, ornate border, lock & key from The Graphics Fairy
Butterfly stamp: Crafty Individuals
Pearl Gems: MEI Flowers
Floral seem binding ribbon, skeleton leaves and elastic from my stash

The images from The Graphics Fairy  have been printed onto Safmat so that I can use them on what ever material I want and also where ever I want . . . this is the beauty of Safmat . . . .  a crafting necessity that I could not live without now . . . I know . . . a touch melodramatic but sooooo true!


Okay, I admit that my text isn't in the middle but the butterfly is . . . but when I had it the other way round, it just didn't look right/balanced . . . you know what I mean . .  ! ? ! I loved making this card as it came together so quickly.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

The Graphics Fairy
Craft Your Passion - anything goes plus distressing
Heart Song Inspirations - anything goes
The Pink Elephant - Anything goes
The Shabby Tea Room - theme is "time flies" with photo inspiration
Papertake Weekly - anything goes with a "new" twist. My "new" thing is the fab 1st Edition papers.

Well back off to the crafty table to make oodles more "thank you" cards  . . . so watch this space as I have decided to send individual cards to people this year rather than making "a mass make" . . . I wanted to keep it personal and heart felt.

Must also catch up with my blogging as it has been an age since I sat down and had a good mooch around blog land . . . oohhh how I have missed that.

Take care everyone,

Lou
x




12 comments:

Craft Fairy said...

I soooo love that card. The pink is fab and the butterfly is exquisit too. I am
you might also want to visit my Craft Fairy designs blog as we have a giveaway this week.

Daniele said...

this is stunning, just loving the flowers at the bottom
hugs

sandee said...

First off I love when you said you were making your cards indivulized and not mass produced, as mass poducing the same cards seems so impersonal to me! I've not heard of a Safmat, will have to check that out! Your card is simply stunning!

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

stunning card Lou :) happy new year :)x

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Lou, and welcome back its great to have you back on board.
Hugs Debs

Charlene said...

Congrats Lou!!! And what a stunner of a card!! Love the roses under the butterfly Wowzwers!!Thanks for sharing your wonderful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Mari said...

Oooh those colors are amazing together So lovely details.
Mari xx

Susie Little said...

Oh such a gorgeous card! Thank you for playing at ICS XX

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh my- love this pretty card- the flowers are a wonderful touch!

Rach83 said...

OMG! This card is simply stunning, Lou. Can't believe I haven't seen it before now. Must have been looking with my eyes closed! Those roses are sublime. Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement.

Rachel x

Tip Top said...

Beautiful card!!