Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Blog Hop and a challenge . .

Welcome to the 1st Fab'n'Funky Challenge for 2012 and to celebrate the start of New Year we are having a blog hop . . . well why not especially as Christmas and the New Year are now over and we need to have a bit of fun before the January Blues set in!

Okay . . . you should of hopped over from PAT and collected her number, however if you have popped over to visit me just to say hi but now want to join in the fun, please pop back to the Fab'n'Funky Challenge Blog where all will be explained. Now my number is 6 (six), make a note of it because you will need my number and every other number on each DT blog at the very end of the blog hop. To collect your next number pop over to WENDY who has another number waiting for you.

Don't forget to also enter this weeks Fab'n'Funky Challenge and the theme is  . . .

"Something New"

Here is my project and my "Something New" is those fabulous 1st Edition papers and Creative Images stamps.

 The swirls were printed onto Safmat and then rubbed into place! I even rubbed one onto a skeleton leaf . . . which was a little tricky as the leaves are so delicate.


The sentiment is from SU and I finished my card off with lots of crystal gems. The bias ribbon and roses ribbon are from my stash and I can't remember where I purchased then from . . . sorry

The card is made for my Mum to say "Thank You" for a wonderful Christmas; she did us all proud and we had a wonderful time. Have to say that we did eat and drink far too much so I will need to walk these extra pounds off (the dog is happy about this idea!).

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

The Artisitic Stamper - vintage
Papertake Weekly - anything goes plus something "new"
Flutterby Wednesday - to use a butterfly or fairy on your project

Thanks for popping over and don't forget to join in with the Fab'n'Funky Blog Hop which is running all week and of course the challenge too!

Lou
x



36 comments:

maxine said...

This is beautiful x

craftin-dawn said...

Wow this card is gorgeous!! love love love it and I know your mom will too! Loving this 1st blog hop of 2012!!!

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lou, love it.
Wendy xx

Anne said...

Beautiful card.. i just used this same stamp on a thank you card set not to long ago.. love your take on it with the cut out butterflies.. lovely ...

deesdesigns said...

So pretty, love the vintage feel - all of the embellishements work so well together. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rose said...

Lou, your butterflies and flowers look magnificent on this wonderful vintage thank you card. ~ Rose

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! Just gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Emma H said...

Very pretty Lou!

Debbie said...

Your butterflies are just stunning, they look like they just flew onto your beautiful creation.

Debbie

Leanne said...

Wonderful card! Love all the butterflies and all the delicate accents you used.
Thank you for playing with us at Flutter By Weds.
;)

Scrappekatten said...

Discovered your blog today, very exiting - so you got a new follower. Happy New Year

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

super super lovely card. Awsome.

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a lovely card hun, love those flowers and butterflies,
hugs xxx

riliska said...

Stunning card!!!! Great details!!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Wow your card is gorgeous I just love the vintage feel of it.
Hugs Bonnie

lindyloo said...

Happy New year your card is simlpy stunning hugs lindyloo x

catherine said...

I love the card and the colours are stunning. i have become your newest follower. happy new year
x catherine

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Beautiful! Your mom is going to love this!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hugs, Heidi

Babette said...

What a beautiful card, love the colors. Great hop.
Hugs Babette

Calypso's Crafts said...

Gorgeous collage card!!! Love the colors and all the beautiful cut out butterflies.

Calypso

mags said...

Beautiful card. Love the vintage feel and I am sure your Mum loved it.
Mags
x

Karen Wilson said...

Your mum will love this, it's stunning. I love that leaf, wow. I can imagine that was a little tough! The end result is just beautiful though. Thanks for playing along at FBW!

Enfys said...

Gorgeous card Lou,bet your mum loved it. Happy new year!
hugs
En xx

Joann Burton said...

The cards just keep getting nicer. I really love your card, very nice. joann

Detje said...

Nice card! Greetings Detje

Melanie said...

A really beautiful card!Melanie

Jac said...

WOW! Stunning card and I love how you got the swirl on your skeleton leaf too. Right off to find my next number.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a beautiful card- I love everything about it- esp the beautiful butterflies!

Basslady said...

this is such a gorgeous creation!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Lou

This is a gorgeous card - love everything about it!

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog too.

Take care

Tina

CheerDown said...

this is simply stunning love all the detail
Alli D

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love all the dimensional elements.

Jen

Mamma Mia said...

Wonderful card Lou - I'm sure your Mum will ove it! Thanks for sharing. Helen x

Heidi said...

I adore this lovely card, the butterflies, skeleton leaf and the beautiful colour scheme. heidi x

Artyjen said...

It's great to have you playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month with pretty vintage card :)
The colour combo is fab
xoxo Sioux

~ Barb said...

Love the leaf, what a unique idea for an embellie and your card definitely has a wonderful vintage feel to it!