Sunday, 26 February 2012

Been playing today . .

Ha a little time to play today without any interruptions. What was even nicer is that I have successfully ignored all the housework and ironing too ........ bliss! Not being a domestic goddess is something that has never bothered me and whilst I take my hat off to those who love nothing better than a good clean, I have always believed that people come to visit me and not my house! The latter statement makes "Chez Lou" son like a hovel and I assure it is not, it just isn't squeaky clean ..... it's lived in!

Well today I decided to make some "Thank You" cards as I never have any in stock when I need them, so after a rummage through my sticker stash, I found these adorable butterflies . . unopened (eek!) and had to use them . .

Papers: First Edition
Nellie Snellon dies
Gems: MEI
Butterfly: stickers bought in £land
ribbon recycled from a present
Sentiment: DoCrafts

I used the sketch from Sketchy Colours as my starting point as it is such an easy sketch to use. Lots of layering and loads of crystal gems (with a few pearl ones too). The ribbon I have recycled from a present I received in January. It has writing on the back, so had to turn it over as the writing didn't fit in with my card!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketchy Colours - sketch
Die-ing for a Challenge - anything goes + die cuts
PanPastel Challenge - use a ribbon
Cute Card Thursday - winged things

* * * * * * * * * * *

My second "Thank You" card is a little different an more vintage themed inspired by these mulberry paper strips I found in one of my scraps boxes.

 Mulberry paper from stash
Nellie Snellon die
Felt flowers cut using a Quickcutz die
Wooden reel found in my buttons box!
Buttons, ribbon & pins from stash
Diecuts were a magazine freebie
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat

Another quick card as I had all the elements already cut or had discovered whilst rummaging for things to use. The longest part was deciding how to they lay them out on my card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

My Time made Easy - sketch challenge
Allsorts - anything goes
DCM - Marie Antoinette  - it was the colours & textures on my card that gave it a regal feel (not the subject . . does that make sense?)
Simon Says - use 3 different papers - which I have even if there isn't much of them used!
Little Red Wagon - use chipboard. One of the dress making manikins is chipboard, covered in paper
Papertake Weekly - get krafty

* * * * * * * * * * *

Finally I decided to make another card using up scraps and a bag image I found . . . and I have to say that I really dislike this card . . can't say why but I do!


I think there are too many patterns vying for attention and this just then makes everything look "blurgh". Will put it away and pull it apart on a later date and see what can be done with it . . .

Off to catch up with a bit of blogging as haven't has time all this week to see what everyone else is up to and I need a good blog fix.

Thanks for popping over,

Lou
x



13 comments:

Judith said...

What a good idea making a few thank yous to put away - I always end up in a mad panic making mine at the 11th hour! Really pretty cards - your thank yous will be much appreciated I'm sure x

Eileen said...

All the cards here are just fabulous! .... I love your style and I am with you all the way regarding the 'domestic engineering' Lol Thank you for joining us this week at the PanPastel UK challenge .
Eileen xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love the pastel colours. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Cat said...

LOVE your Vintage card! Just gorgeous and such stunning details! Thanks for joining us at MTMEPPS!

Regan said...

wow...great card

Jo said...

Amazing cards! I love the regal feel of the MA inspired one!

Jo xx

Crafty_Fairie said...

I love the pastel colours are really pretty.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.

Kerry DT Leader

Deb said...

Beautiful cards!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lovely cards and I think the pretty pastels are just right for our MA theme. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at the Daring Cardmakers!

Tammy said...

Such pretty cards! Love all the details on that 2nd card!
Thanks for playing with us at LRW!

Christine said...

I think all of your cards are beautiful. I love using butterflies as embellishments and yours are really pretty. Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Tangii said...

Love your vintage card... so elegant and sweet :) Thanks for playing along with the MTME Pretty Patterns Sketch team.

Pop's Cards said...

Sweetie this is gorgeous, thank you so much for joining our first Die-ing for Challenge, hugs Pops x x x