Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Half term is a distant memory

Well it's ICSketches time again and half term is becoming a distant memory already . . . back in school and it feels like we have not had a week off . . . how does that work? I still do not know how you can lose your holiday feeling so quickly?!?!?

We have another great sketch for you to try this week . . .


 

and I wanted to make something for Mother's Day which isn't too far away and use my Poundland buys which were less than a £1. Here's what I came up with using the sketch (rotate 180 degrees) as my inspiration:


Papers: HOTP and DCWV
Flower and glitter leaves: Pondland
Lace and ribbon from my stash
Rub-ons: Doodlebug
Heart punch
Scallop Egdeabilities
Heart acetate topper: HOTP

I have had this heart topper which is on acetate for absolutely ages and recently found it when tidying up my craft "stuff" the other day and knew I had to use it quickly for fear of losing it again!



I have layered on to a HOTP paper for added effect and used Doodlebug rub-ons to create my sentiment adding the "m . .u. . m" on to 3 punched hearts attached to the my card with 3D foam. A quick scalloped border covered with bias ribbon and lace.


Now that flower and leaves . . . well I was in Poundland to buy some cheap tennis balls for the dog and came across there Christmas sale section and they had these white poinsettia flowers and glittered leaf bunches so I grabbed a whole load for next to nothing! I then created a double bow with ribbon and lace to finish the flower off and to hide the fact that it is a poinsettia!

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Bloggers Network - Shabby Chic
Lollipop Crafts - anything goes
Sentimental Sundays - let's get sentimental
The Corrosive Challenge - add dimension
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - anything goes
The Crazy Challenge - use a die or punch
Totally Papercrafts - ribbon and/or bows

Well off to walk the dog and put some washing out on the line as it is a beautiful day here . . hard to believe 2 weeks ago we had 15cm of snow!

Lou
x

9 comments:

MrsC.x said...

gorgeous card Lou.

Next craft group night is march 6th be lovely to see you again

craftylittlemoo@hotmail.co.uk

Charlie.x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun this is just so so beautiful your detail is just amazing,hugs Cherylx
,I have some candy on my blog Hun if you want to enter,just trying to say thank you too everyone hugs Cherylx

Cheryl said...

oh Hun this is just so so beautiful your detail is just amazing,hugs Cherylx
,I have some candy on my blog Hun if you want to enter,just trying to say thank you too everyone hugs Cherylx

Marjo said...

Awesome card, thanks so much for playing with us at the CCCB.

I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

Xoxo Marjo

mags said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive challenges and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Nicole Mullen said...

Beautiful card - Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Archana said...

This is truely a beautiful card. Love the sentiment. "MUM" just three words are in everyone's heart. Thanks for your take in sentimental sundays challenge this week.

Marleen said...

A wonderful card, Thank you for joining us at the CBN challenge xx

Tameko said...

Love this card. So many beautiful elements. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.