Followers

Friday, 3 February 2012

I'm Polka Doodle Dandy

Last Friday I couldn't join in with my teamies as "life" got in the way, so this I thought I better make up for my disappearance (and try and sneak in without Ruth noticing!!) You guessed it . . she did! The theme this week was set by Lana and is "Show some Love".

I wanted to make a love themed card but do some stamping for a change as my poor stamps are feeling neglected. So with a plan in my head . . . not always good . . . I inked up my fab Wonderland stamps to create my card.

 
The papers are from the matching CD, Wonderland, and the papers on there are to die for . . . a mixture of antique, grunge, distressed . . . ooohhhh they are so versatile . . . love, love, love them! If you don't have this CD, I seriously can't recommend it enough.


I have coloured all the images using the subtle shades in my Flexmarkers and Promarkers as wanted them to be "soft". A few punched hearts and gems to add to the "love" theme, finished off with a hand cut heart with netting on the side . . . don't ask me why I did this . . . it was the "plans" fault that was lurking in my head! Also used a different sized card other than square . . . DL . . . told you my "plans" were reeking havoc in my brain!

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

The Artisitic Stamper - love
Craft us Crazy - anything goes
Little Miss Muffet - Valentines or Love
The Paper Shelter - Love is in the Air
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Love is in the Air

Well I'm off to catch up with some much need blogging therapy as finally feel a little better . . . need to kick start the old mojo as its waining a little.

Have a great weekend,

Lou
x

16 comments:

Bea und Doreen said...

It's stunning, Lou - simply stunnign. The paper is fab. I can understand why you love it ;)
I believe, I need this CD ;)
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Doreen xx

Tip Top said...

Yeah - I did notice you on the wrong week!!!!

Ta for the comment on my blog!!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Lou love the colours and your gorgeous design, it looks terrific.
Hugs Linda

Kim said...

Great card! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Paper Shelter!

Alison said...

Gorgeous card Lou! Thanks for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge! x

Nelly's Crafty Card Attack! said...

Awww beautiful card Lou, love those stamps :)) Nelly x

Michelle said...

Hi Lou, thanks for leaving your "ditto":) I love that card you made, Alice seems to be everywhere at the moment. I love the Graphic45 Magic of Oz Papers and Cardstock and they have got some totally irresistable new Collections coming out!!

Would be great to have you on board:)
love
michelle x

mags said...

Lovely card Lou. Great colours and design. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Flowergirl said...

This is beautiful, love the papers, and Alice in wonderland images x
Wendy x

sue said...

gorgous card,love your colours & images. sue xx

Tracey said...

Fab card Lou, I love Alice in Wonderland :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shelby said...

Love the shape of this card and you've carried the theme of Wonderland out just perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and Penny's

Shelby

Nikky Hall said...

Stunning make as always Lou Lou! xx

Claire Phillips said...

Fab card - really lovely soft colour - brill Lou great to have you join us! Cheers Claire x

Karen Letchworth said...

AWESOME!!!! This is a great card. Thanks for joining us for our Love Is In The Air Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges this week, and please come back and play along with us again next time.
Blessings,
Karen - Design Team Member

Vicky said...

Beautiful Lou - love the soft colours - so pretty.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
:)xx