Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Not the last day of February this year!

It is always seems weird to me the concept of "leap years" and why we felt the need to invent them. There is probably a very valid reason but one that's obviously not captivate me though!

It's ICSketches day again a we had yet another great sketch to use . .

 

and here is what I created after rotating the sketch 90 degrees clockwise . . .


Paper: Polka Doodles (Pen and Paper Circle)
Stamps: Pink Petticoat
Dew drops: Polka Doodles
Gems: MEI
Seaweed (!): MME




I have had these Pink Petticoat freebie stamps for ages and routed them out as I fancied doing a bit of stamping. The sketch helped me create my underwater themed card and have to say, am loving the mixture of the dew drops and gems as my fishy bubbles. I also discovered these vines by MME whilst tidying out my ribbon drawers and they make brilliant seaweed.

I also learnt a valuable lesson whilst making this card - make sure your items are stuck down securely before adding glaze otherwise it cracks when it dries and you try to restick it in to place!
    
I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

6 comments:

Martha said...

Wow, FAB card!! Love the idea of the dew drops and gems!!!
Hugs,
Martha

Cheryl said...

oh Lou this is one super card just love those circles they are so effective really great design Hun,hugs Cherylx

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card Lou,the the fish are adorable and love the colours,the papers are delish.
Hugs Linda

Lorraine said...

wow i just love how the whole card looks like its under water hun fab card xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your fun underwater scene- the dew drops are a great accent!

Michelle said...

That is just so clever!! I love it:)
michelle x