Followers

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

The Luck of the Irish be with you

Being from Irish ancestry, this weeks theme at Fab'n'Funky Challenges was right up my street and having celebrated many a St Paddy's Day with maybe more than one Guinness and a wee whisky, I was actually a little stuck as to what to make . . . I could of completed another page in my Irish Journal, made a card or even a scrap book page but still couldn't decide.

Whilst talking to Mum about her plans for Saturday she mentioned that she liked the canvas I made about our visit to the Guinness Factory (she saw it on her recent visit) and could I make her one . . . my problem was solved until I realised I didn't have any plain canvases !!! Luckily, I managed to source one ASAP and here is what I made for MUM using my canvas to create a near enough replica . . .



We visited the factory in August 2009 and had a blast. It took us all day to go around and obviously stop and sample a few on the way! All images are from a Guinness leaflet I still had or taken from the internet and printed on to Safmat, including some of the photos!


Mum relaxing with a glass (half pint) of Guinness. I have actually printed her on to Safmat and then carefully placed in front of those barrels to make it look like she is there for a "session"!


I also did the same with this photo of Aaron and he was over the moon when he saw it as he is . . . sitting on top of a roaring Guinness!

I am entering my canvas in to the following challenges:

Shopping our stash - food/beverage theme
My Graifco Challenges - St. Patrick's Day
The Crazy Challenge - no designer paper . . not a bit used. Just printed on to leaflets or used Safmat.
A-musing Challenges - St. Patrick's Day
Pile It On - St. Patrick's Day
Cupcake Inspirations - photo inspiration (Irish themed)

Have a great "happy hump day" everyone,

Lou
x

12 comments:

Judith said...

Its lovely when you can make something like this to make someone happy with good memories - its worth its weight in gold hugs judith x

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Lou,such a lovely keepsake.
Wendy xx

Zulma said...

Beautiful proyect! TFS with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Zulma DT

Pia S said...

So many great details. Fab!

Karin said...

This is so great!! Love all the little deets :-) Thanx for sharing this week at The Crazy Challenge. Hope to see you back again next week. Good luck!
Hugs Karin

Chris said...

Fun pages - I need to scrapbook more often! Thanks for joining me at Amusing Challenges this week!

Lorraine said...

oh wow Lou this is so beautiful I am sure your mum is going to really love her new canvas I think its brilliant huni xx

Leslie Hanna said...

I've toured the Guinness tourist trap (not the actual brewery), and we got our two free mini brewskis and posed for pictures. I love this page you've done! :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

JLJ Designs said...

Fantastic project! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Happy Crafting!
Jen (JLJ Designs)
My Blog

Cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun,this is brilliant just love this it all works so beautifully your mum will love this sure of that hugs Cherylxxxx

Chris said...

Oh FUN!!!! Lots of great memories too. Your mom will love this.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

Paige said...

Fabulous project! Sounds like a yummy and fun tour! Thank you for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!