Monday, 12 March 2012

Needed inspiration . .

to get my teeth into several large projects I am in the process of making, so what id I do . . . make something else instead! To be honest each of my cards only took 30mins but was the break I needed so I could carry on with my other projects. Oh by the way, should add this is a long post and quite picture heavy!



Papers: K & Co BW Flora & Fauna Mat Pad (Mishelflo)
Fern leaf Diecuts: K&Co BW Flora & Fauna Die cuts and Vellum (Mishelflo)
Bird Die cuts: K&Co BW Flora & Fauna Die cuts and Vellum (Mishelflo)
Sentiment: Polka Doodles printed on to Safmat
Swirl stamp: Lakeland (bought at a carboot)
Gingham ribbon: East of India Co
Green and cream organza ribbon: Ribbon Oasis
Pearl trimming: local market
Nellie Snellen die
Cardstock: Papermania

Am getting sooooo in to the "nature" theme as I have been updating my Scrapbook Journal about Ireland and these K&Co goodies have been invaluable embellies for my book.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Sentimental Sundays - go green/recycle
Crazy for Challenges - use spring as your inspiration
Sugar Creek Hollow - monochromatic green
Pile It On - shades of green

* * * * * * * * * * *

I have wanted to use these Cherry bits and bobs for ages, so using my card above as a layout idea, came up with this card:



Papers: K & Co BW Flora & Fauna Mat Pad (Michelle)
Cherry topper: K&Co BW Flora & Fauna Die cuts and Vellum (Michelle)
Cherries diecut:  K&Co Flora & Fauna Ephemera pack (Michelle)
Bird tag: K&Co BW Flora & Fauna Die cuts and Vellum (Michelle)
Sentiment: K&Co BW Flora & Fauna Die cuts and Vellum (Michelle)
Butterfly:  K&Co TC Bloomwood Die cuts and acetate (Michelle)
Swirl & heart stamp: Lakeland (bought at a carboot)
Gingham ribbon: East of India co
Lace: local market
Cardstock: Papermania
Rose made from off cut of white paper!

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - photo inspiration
Charisma Cardz - ribbon


* * * * * * * * * * *
Now this card I made to use up paper scraps I had on my table from other projects and the odd die cuts I had cut out but never used! 


Papers: K & Co BW Flora & Fauna Mat Pad (Michelle) and Webster Pages
Topper:  K&Co Flora & Fauna Ephemera pack (Michelle)
Flowers: K& Co BW Flora & Fauna Botanical Butterflies layered accents (Michelle)
Sentiment: Websters Pages

Dragonfly:  K&Co TC Bloomwood Die cuts and acetate (Michelle)
Ribbon: Ribbon Oasis
Nellie Snellen dies
 
 Another "Thank You" card to add to my growing collection. I am determined his year not to be caught out when an occasion/event etc occurs and I have nothing made, so this will go in to my box ready to be sent . . . at some point!

Have a great week everyone,
 
Lou
x

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous cards all three but I am drawn to the middle one.xxx

Judith said...

Lovely cards Lou - I love K&Co they do lovely papers and embellies
hugs Judith x

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun what an amazing post gosh just love all of these Hun they are all stunning with such amazing detail,just love them,hugs Cherylxx

Michelle said...

I love those Cherry Cards the best too. I dont know what it is about them, Bright, Spring like, although Christmassy like too!:)

Anyway, fabulous, they are in your Gallery on Web:)
michelle x