Monday, 9 April 2012

Another quick make ....

I am also very privileged to be on the Polka Doodles DT and Nikky has been so generous and supportive recently that I knew that I must join in with this weeks challenge especially as it was celebrating my teamie Ruth's significant "0" birthday!!!

Here is the card I "whipped up" for this weeks Polka Doodles challenge ....

Papers: Candy Doodles Collectors Edition
Cupcake and sentiment printed on to Safmat (from the same CD)
Marianne Design dies:  Frame and butterfly
Hearts: K and Co
Flower and button from stash

I didn't want to go all "guns blazing" announcing the significant birthday, (not saying that this is Ruth's "0" birthday) but instead have created lickle dots with a number on! All papers are from the new Candy Doodles Collectors Edition as they are such a fab selection of papers and so versatile. The embossed panel at the back is a Marianne Design "Designables die which both cuts and embosses.


I printed the sentiment on to Safmat and then placed this on to a piece of the bunting paper, which in turn was mounted on to a Marianne Design frame die cut. The cupcake was also printed on to Safmat and then onto a piece of stiff card, dotted with little icing dots.


I was also very brave and cut the Marianne Design butterfly from felt . . . it looks fab but was a little delicate. I have finished the butterfly off with some hearts and a flower.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafting when we can - things with wings
Pan Pastel - sweet treats
One Stop Craft - pastel and die cuts
Southern Girls Challenge - "you got something you wanna say?"

Well I didn't get far blogging this evening as I decided to re-organise my craft "bits and bobs" .... let's just say, this will be an on going project!

Lou
x

14 comments:

Daniele said...

what a scrummy card
hugs

Doreen said...

Oooh this is gorgeous,love the layout.xxx

SHARY said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery now Lou. What a beautiful card. Love, love the felt butterflies, well done!!

Happy Days said...

Glad you feeling better.

Love this card and fab idea re the dots!! I must remember that one for a card I have to make later this year for a friend who has a "significant" birthday that she's not too keen on!

Love that felt butterfly! Didn't realise the dies would cut felt, so thanks for that :D

Hope you've had a fab Easter?

Claire xxx

Rach83 said...

Wow, this is fabulous! It certainly doesn't look like a quick make! Glad to see you're back to your crafty self, Lou. I think I'll have to get my polka doodle on!

Hope your friend has a fab birthday.

Rachel x

Michelle said...

As everyone is saying, that butterfly is really lovely, you ought to make some and sell them as toppers!! I bet they would go like hot cakes!!

Loving all the colours too:)
michelle x

Claire said...

Such a scrummy card Lou - love all the pastel colours and bunting. Hugs, Claire x

Julie said...

This is so my kind of card Lou, loving your style! Thanks for having "Something to say" to the Southern Girls,hope you join us again next challenge,Julie.x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is just stunning,your detail is always first class hun love the delicate colours,and that those butterflies,are gorgeous hugs Cherylxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous card, I love the sentiment, thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Poppet said...

A delicious card Lou, raspberry and chocolate, a great colour combo. Loving the bunting and all the fun of the fete with this card. Hope your friend had a great birthday.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Claire Phillips said...

Really wonderful card Lou - that cake is sooooo yummy! Cheers Claire x

Bunny said...

Lovely card....Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft challenge..And good luck..

Caz OSCC DT

Eileen said...

Ooooo this is so pretty and I just adore the pink felt butterfly! Thank you for joining us at this weeks PanPastel UK challenge x
Eileen xx