Sunday, 8 April 2012

Feeling soooo much better

Apologies for not being around of late but have had a spell of bad health which knocked me for six .... literally. After much blood taking and tablet popping I am now on the road to recovery although still not 100% sure what my next step will be medically but I am determined that it's not going to get me down!

Well whilst I have been away the gorgeous and talented DT over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges have been looking after things (phew) and I owe them all a HUGE thanks for all their help and support. So today I have had a bit of "me" time so decided to see if my crafting mojo was still with me and made a card for this weeks challenge, "embossing".

Cuttlebug embossing folder: Paisley
Martha Stewart punch
Petaloo flower
Doily
K & Co TC die cuts
Sentiment from Polka Doodles printed on to Safmat
Ribbon from stash

I have used a much neglected Cuttlebug embossing folder for my card, Paisley  which created my background. I have then used the Martha Stewart punch and a doily to create my other layers, finished with a spotty ribbon. The huge, lush, fabric flower is a Petaloo one and I am so glad I bought oodles of these when Michelle at Mishelflo had her sale. My card is finished with some cute little K & Co bee die cuts.

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Fab'n'Funky Challenges - embossing
Robyns Fetish Challenge - anything goes
Delicious Doodles - texture
Little Miss Muffet - pastel shades
Waste not Wednesday - use something forgotten - my paisley embossing folder!


Well I'm off to upload another card and then it's coffee time whilst I have a long overdue mooch around blog land.

Take care everyone,

Lou
x

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well..Your card is gorgeous.xxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Sweetie,so glad you are on the road to recovery Hun make sure you take it easy great to have you back,love the card Hun,that is super embossing,and beautiful detail hugs Cherylx x

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Lou. Mr Mojo is alive and well I see.
Glad your on the mend sweetie
Anne x

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear you havent been well. Hope you are back to 100% soon!! Your card is gorgeous.

Hugs and take care, Dawn

susan said...

Beautiful! Love the colors, embossing and the terrific flower, too! Thanks for joining us at THE ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE!

Hannelie said...

So soft and lovely!
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Robyn's Fetish!
Hannelie

Michelle said...

Welcome Back Lou!!:) Loving the card. When I first saw it I though, I recognise that Flower! Then scrolled down to read why I did!!:)

Now going to your next Post! See you in a minute:)
michelle x

Wendy said...

So beautiful Lou, love the gorgeous flower & pretty embossing, just perfect for our Fab'n'Funky challenge.
Wendy xx
So pleased you are feeling better x

ike said...

Gorgeous creation - I love that embossed backing. Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles and I am glad you are feeling a bit better :-D xxx

Teri said...

Lovely card with some yummy textures hun. Perfect for our 'Texture' challenge at Delicious Doodles. Thank you for joining in! Good luck with the draw.
Hugs,
Teri x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your embossing and pretty colours, thanks for joining us at LMM, hugs, Sarah x