Followers

Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Having a play ...

..... with some mouth-watering delicious papers from Jessica Sprague. I have to thank my Polka Doodles teamie Ruth for the "heads up" about these papers and Jessica's kits ... a definite "must have".

I had great fun playing with the papers from the "Circa 1934" paper kit and will have to buy the embellishment pack now that matches thee papers. Although Jessica is more in to scrapbooking, these papers are easily adapted to card making but I am now determined to do more scrapping and have an album on the go at the moment for my sister .... watch this space.

My first card:

Ticket: Tim Holtz
Sentiment: Serendipity Stamps
Marianne Design butterfly die
Labels 1 Nestability
Ribbon and tag from stash

I used lots of little offcuts and layered to create my background panel. Using my nesties I cut a panel and then used a Marianne Design die to cut a butterfly aperture. This was mounted on to a Tim Holtz ticket. I inked the tag and stamped the word "Bliss" at the top. I have also used the sentiment to stamp on the ticket.


To cover all my joins/layers, I used a piece of ribbon (originally off some packaging); knot at one end and decorative edge at the other. Finally a huge Flora Doodles flower to add an extra dash of colour.

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Art with no boundaries - anything goes
2 sisters - flower(s)
I {Heart} to stamp - sketch
Delicious Doodles - loads of layers

Well gotta go as I am absolutely shattered and desperately need some "shut eye". Will catch up with everyone tomorrow,

Lou
x



7 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Lou love the papers and what a fab flower.xxx

Michelle said...

Lovely card Lou, I like the colours! and the swirly Sentiment:)

Painting AGAIN today:(
michelle x

Cheryl said...

oh wow Lou hun this is stunning,the layout is just brilliant,just love that flower,and that tag finishes it off too perfection,hugs Cherylxxx

Ellis said...

Beautiful card! =)
Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Kezzy said...

Beautiful card love the colours. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy xxx

Teri said...

Gorgeous card hun, loving that huge flower! Thanks for playing at Delicious Doodles this time, and good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Chris / CS Designs said...

Lou, Great card, love the color combination. Thank you for playing along in our Anything Goes Challenge at Art With No Boundaries and look forward to having you join us again.
:) Chris / CS Designs