Monday, 30 April 2012

It's Monday ....

and I have a 4 day week this week due to the school having to close as we have to become a polling station!!! The only downside is that it's Thursday, so have to be in on Friday but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth as it were.

Was so pleased to see that Liz over at Pink Petticoat was showing off a set of cards I made HERE.

 
Chuffed to bits. The post I originally showed them off on can be found HERE.

I have still been playing with those lush Jessica Sprague papers and have made another card using them. I haven't added a sentiment as I wanted to leave it blank as that way I can choose the occasion I need it for!
s
Papers: Jessica Sprague Circa 1934
Butterfly and swirl die cuts: Marianne Design
Flowers: Wild Orchard Crafts


I thought I would use a simple layout for my card, accented with black. It does have an oriental feel to it but that wasn't my intention. Can yo tell I am a little addicted to these papers .... thanks Ruth for showing me the way ...


I am entering my card in to the following challenges:


Lollipop Crafts - anything goes
A-musing Challenge - anything goes
Totally Papercrafts - strong colours
4 Crafty Chicks - no stamping

Right gotta dash as I need to make sure everything is ready for tomorrows post ... why ... check out all the details HERE !

Lou
x





12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.love the image and fab colours.xxx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lou this is so bright and cheery. Love the butterflies.

Thanks for playing in our No Stamping challenge this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Guest Designer @ 4CCC

Craftyanny said...

wow you go girl!!! Congrats.
Great card, love those butterflies, they're smashing Lou
Anne x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

The butterfly card is totally gorgeous. I hope all is well for you

Cheryl said...

oh so chuffed for you Hun,well done you way too go,as for the cards wow they are amazing I love butterflies,and these are just stunner's,love the layout and those papers are gorgeous hugs Cherylxxx

Michelle said...

Oh Lou, I just love those cards with the sewing machines on. You is one very clever lady:)

michelle x

Lorraine said...

aww these are so beautiful huni i really love them all xx

Claire said...

Fab card, love the pretty papers. You are very lucky having Thursday off, our polling station is within the school hall which can be sealed off from the public, so school as normal for me! Hugs, Claire x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beautiful, butterfly card.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Chris said...

Fantastic set of cards. You did a great job with all that patterned paper - mine usually look like a mess! tee hee... Thank you so much for joining me this week for my Amusing Challenge!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our No Stamping challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, truly amazing! Awesome job!

Leanne DT 4CC!

Chocolate Purples said...

beautfiful..How do you decide which challenge(s) to enter?