Followers

Friday, 13 April 2012

Oooohhh to be young .... I think!

Eldest son came in very late last night .... or should I say this morning. A quick shower and a bowl of porridge later and out the door he went to work. In my distant past (!), I vaguely remember doing a similar thing but my body just wouldn't allow me to do that now ..... I'd be asleep by mid-morning. Not sure when the ability to "burn the candle at both ends" leaves us but mine definitely has! A night on the razz can wipe me out the next day, not from a hangover, but from tiredness. Ooohhh how I envy his stamina .....

Okay enough of my jealous whining and on to this weeks challenge at Polka Doodles. The theme this week is "Pretty in pink" and I do struggle with girly cards and it doesn't help as I am really in to sentiments and paper pieced or stamped collage images at the mo but Nikky has kindly added loads of yummy sentiments to her newest CD's which, along with Safmat, are just up my street .... !


Marianne Design: Butterfly and decorative panel dies
Marianne Design: Pom Pom ribbon lace
Safmat, gems and organza ribbon (from my stash)
Promarkers 
X cut heart punch

The butterfly has been cut out of felt and just loving using this medium at the moment. It gives such a tactile, yet delicate feel to everything. Not much else to say about how the card was made as it has been simply matted and layered with the additional embellishments added but I think it fits the girly bill and hopefully, could be given to any age?

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
SJCrafts - 1, 2, 3 - okay ..... 1 butterfly, 2 ribbons, 3 small gems ..... other 3's are .... 3 different papers, 3 die cuts (panel, butterfly and tag), 3 stamped roses
Sugar Bowl - sketch (although have to admit the middle bit has been covered by everything else!!!
Crafts and Me - embellishments
Celebrate the Occasion - "just because" using pink

Finally before I go, I received a wonderful surprise in the post yesterday from a very talented lady Cheryl .... check it out here ..... just have to say it definitely does not fit the post title as the card and tag are stunning. Love Cheryls tip about the screws and chain too; a definite idea I am going to pinch!

Have a great day everyone and I'm off now as I am the "unpaid taxi" this afternoon.

Lou
x

15 comments:

Claire said...

Yep my days of doing that have long gone too! Love your card and the pretty pink papers. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

My days of burning the candle at both ends has been long gone...Your card is just gorgeous,love the colour and layout.xxx

Happy Crafter said...

Beautiful card :)
Hugzz Valxx

Lorraine said...

oh hun this is so beautiful i love the flowers and the way you used the marianne die its so beautiful xx

Adrian said...

Very pretty, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Cheryl said...

oh Hun just left you a message on our blog asking if you got the card,and that okay so glad you did,Hun as for your card just love the colours and that sentiment,and butterfly finishes it off beautifully,hugs Cherylxxxx

Claire Phillips said...

Really fab card Lou....know what you mean about the nights out....seems like a dim and distant memory..lol Cheers Claire x

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Lou!! Love the colors. Gloria

Visit my blog - would love more members.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Vintage Milly said...

Beautifu; card hunny, hope you are doing okay, lotsa love, Em.x

Debbie said...

Really fab card just stumbled across you blog and had a good look round loving your creations :))

Michelle said...

Loving the card Lou and that sentiment is lovely. The words always make the card dont they:) Just seems to bring it all together somehow. Well done for doing GIRLY!!:)
michelle x

crafty amy said...

Lol I am with you there is no way I could work without sleep :D This icard is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx
P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

Esther said...

Darling card!
Love your design :)
Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

Dilsaver Designs said...

Beautiful card, I love all the feminine touches with the hint of black! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Just because (must use pink)" challenge :)

Lisa-Jane said...

I love those papers that you've used here! I hope you had fun playing along with the SJ Crafts challenge. Best wishes!