Saturday, 28 April 2012

Phew .... what a week!

Had a great weekend away with hubby last week but how things change ..... quickly. Suffice to say that last week was FULL and was shattered by Friday pm. However no rest yet as had to drop Luke back at Uni today, catch up with household chores (that word is so correct .... chore), shopping .... etc etc and before you know it, I am finally getting some "me" time at this hour.

Because things changed expectantly this week, I didn't have time to schedule my Fab'n'Funky Challenges card and it was a theme I had set .... I know "tut". The theme is not to use designer papers on your project and I had great fun making my card ......... got out my inks, embossing powders, recycled bits and bobs, dusted off a few neglected stamps and this what I came up with ....

Stamps: Serendipity (via Joanna Sheen)
Butterfly & fern die cuts: K and Co (via Mischelflo)
Distress Inks
VersaMark clear pad
Clear detail embossing powder
Recycled card, button and ribbon

 I stamped the images on to white stiff card with Walnut distress ink and then lightly inked the edges (with Denim distress ink). Using my VersaMark pad, I smothered the images with clear ink and then with detail embossing powder (at least 3 times) until I achieved the effect I wanted.I did exactly the same with the sentiment but "aged" it with Vintage Photo distress ink. Using a piece of corrugated card (from a box) as my backing, I layered the elements up. The ribbon and button are from my "saw it being unused, so stuffed it in to this box" box (!) I am really pleased how the card turned out and surprised myself as it didn't take long to make .... however I did make a mess making it, which took longer to clear up!!!



This is a close up of my card and those gorgeous stamp images. I really ought to use this set more often as they are so versatile. My next must have is some Stampendous stamps (so many I want, that the list would be endless) and IndigoBlu stamps ... so need the "Music Hall" set and also the "Discover your Dream" set ..... in fact all of them!

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Fab'n'Funky Challenges - no DP
Crafty Mess Challenges - distressing and embossing
Our Daily Bread Designs - no DP

Well gotta go as am seriously tired and desperately need to catch up on my "zzzzz's".

Take care everyone and see you tomorrow,

Lou
x

9 comments:

Shirley-anne said...

Beautiful creation .Love the texture and those butterflys .Thanks for sharing on Craftymess Challenge Blog .

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun ,this is amazing oh what a stunning layout,and love the images,you have used,honest Hun this is brilliant just adore this to bits,the background is amazing,take care sweetie,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous. I love the images and colours....fabulous butterflies.xxx

Claire said...

Love your card and the natural colours. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

oh wowzers this is stunning huni i love this card the soft colours and attention to detail is amazing i love it xx

Michelle said...

Wow! Who needs Designer Paper??!! That looks amazing Lou, I really, realy love it, very natural. Like the colour you used for the stamping too:)
michelle x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Lou! Love all the butterflies and panels! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Emma H said...

Gorgeous card Lou!

Rosemary said...

wow... what a gorgeous card! love the corrigated paper you used for the background and all the beautiful images! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!