Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Sunshine ......

Woke up this morning to a glorious sunny morning which really lifted my spirits, so sat out in the garden with my coffee with my dog, letting the world go by ..... the world in this case is 3 manic males getting ready for work or going. Far too much fuss and cross words at 6.30am.

Well this week over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges the theme is "on all 4's" ..... ! As you can imagine the naughty person inside me had a great laugh at that theme and I had to control myself from making something inappropriate and instead have made something cute ..... which is rare for me!

Papers: Tulip by Papermania
Sentiment: Polka Doodles
Butterfly: bought from £land
Nellie Snellen dies
Edgerabilities - large scallop
Ribbon from stash
Small heart - K and Co

I have used a backing paper as my background and focal image. Simple mat and layering finished off with a butterfly and sentiment. A really quick and easy card. Mum bought me the paper pack when she was over recently and it does have a lovely linen effect to it.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Try it on Tuesdays - pampered pets
One Stop Crafts Challenge - pastel and die cuts

The 2nd card I have made took a little longer! Lili of the Valley are sponsoring Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week and as I did not have any animal themed stamps to use, I felt I should make another card using one of their images ..... so this is what I came up with ..... don't be too shocked as it is a little girly and very flowery ....

Papers:Fairy Flowers by Prima
Acetate wrap: HOTP
Image: LOTV
Flowers: Wild Orchard
Sentiment: Polka Doodles printed on to Safmat
Marianne Design Flourish dies
Glossy Accents

I have had this acetate overlay for donkeys years and finally had a reason to use it! The die cut toppers from LOTV were bought for me by my sons and again have never seen the light of day .... eek! I have added glossy accents to the image to make it stand out more from all the flowers.


Here is a close up of the cute image and all my flowers. I now need to have a reason to use it ..... ummm any birthdays coming up yet I wonder .....?

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Card Patterns - sketch
Everybody Art Challenge - Spring
My Time to Craft - "Fairy Nice" theme
Use It Tuesday - use hoarded supplies - my HOTP acetate cover and LOTV image

Well gotta dash as off to walk the dog up n the fields as it is such a gorgeous day.

Lou
x

14 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

your cards are beautiful,i have just found your blog and will visit again soon :)
Hugzz Val xx

Doreen said...

Two stunning cards Lou,love the images and papers.xxx

Claire said...

This is a really pretty card. Hugs, Claire x

Michelle said...

You do make the most beautiful cards Lou:)

I set up Folksy in a couple hours. Hardest thing is getting your Pay Pal Account, or should I say waiting for it to be set up! If you have one, you will be set up in a day!

Easy Peasy!! If you can Blog you can have an Etsy/Folksy/Misi and all the rest Shops:)

Thanks for the RT:)
michelle x

Judith said...

Glad to see your entirely appropriate cards Lou! Your little doggy card is so clever a great use of papers, as for that fairy - its the 3rd time I've seen her in two days - she must have something about her!- your card is gorgeous, love the flowers and well everything really - hugs judith x

Sheila said...

Have to say Lou I had a naughty thought too about 4 legs but restrained myself at the last minute!! Thought of two people or half a spider he he!! Great cards, Sheila:)X

Lorraine said...

aww these are adorable i just love cute cards and these are perfect xx

Wendy said...

Two adorable and so gorgeous cards Lou, absolutely love the fairy one,it's stunning.
Wendy xx

My name is Cindy said...

Love your doggy papers and the card is just great! Thanks for joining us at TIOT - sorry the linky wasn't working when you called! Cindy

Cheryl said...

oh Lou Hun,these are stunning,your detail is always first class Hun,just brilliant,,bless you too sweetie for all the lovely kind comments,you have left on my blog Hun really appreciate,it so much hugs Cherylxxxx

cbuswell said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

Pat said...

Love the card you made for our challenge at Fab'n'Funky Lou, cute image. Now I am putting my other hat on to say your second card is gorgeous, love the fairy image and all your lovely flower and swirl embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Heather B said...

These are beautiful! Love the flowers and vines. Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Irini said...

Your cards are stunning and I love the flowery one...just gorgeous!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!
hugz
irini