Tuesday, 1 May 2012

New challenge blog ....

This will be a monthly challenge blog with some awesome, delicious crafty goodies as prizes, so you have plenty of time to enter an it is a great theme this week as we are always making something for this theme ..... 

"Celebration".

To join in with us all pop over to Mishelflo Creative Craftings Challenge blog and check out all the details.

Michelle has oodles in her shop (Mishelflo Creative Crafting) and being part of her DT, I was lucky enough to sent some yummy goodies to play with and here is what I came up with for this months theme:


Michelle sent this drawer a while back and originally I was going to make it a baby themed project but changed my mind ..... as you can see! I have made the drawer for my Mum who is celebrating her "good health" after a bad 6 months. I have put various Spellbinders dies in the drawer for her to discover when she opens it. However the "baby" project is on going so watch this space. The box has been painted with a Martha Stewart acrylic paint and then misted with Rangers Perfect pearl mist in gold. Once dry, it was really playing around with my papers and accents. 


I have used papers, die cuts, vellum accessories, emphera bits and bobs from the K and Co Flaura and Fauna selection and I can verify that you get oodles and oodles in the embellishment packs. I have also used various metallic embossing powders in some of the corners for added texture and whilst they were still hot, I put mica flakes in the powders.


I fell in love with these miniature memory glass frames and just had to use one of them on my project. I have created a sandwich with embossed acetate, placing a flower die cut and a vellum bee in the centre. The frame is held in place by a miniature peg decorated with die cuts from the emphera pack. The frame is them finished off with a button.


I made the tag for no other reason tan I was on a roll ..... well everything was out, so thought "why not"! I have embossed one edge of the tag and again, placed mica flakes in the hot embossing powder (clear this time). The tag was also painted with the same paint. The sentiment is part of a Kaisercraft sentiment stamp and I thought it was apt. the tag has been finished with a wooden button and loads of bias ribbon.

What didn't I use on this project ......

Secret Drawer (Wooden),
K and Co BW Flora and Fauna Mat Pad,
K and Co BW Flora  and Fauna Die cuts and Vellum,
Kand Co BW Flora and Fauna Die cuts and Vellum
 K and Co Flora and Fauna Emphera pack
Tim Holtz: Tags (large), blank tickets, Memory glass frames
Paint: Martha Stewart
Mica Flakes (pearl)

other products: Sentiment (tag) - Kaisercraft, Dew drops - Polka Doodles, Tim Holtz - tape
Distress inks, various metallic embossing powders, buttons, Seam binding ribbon,
Perfect Pearls, acetate and Miniature peg


Wow I think that's all but I have taken oodles of photos of my project as I was struggling to take the shot I needed!  Haven't included them all on this post as it would end up being way to long!

I am entering my Secret Drawer in to the following challenges:
Craft your passion - texture
Creative Mondays - anything goes
Come and get it challenges - anything but a card
Crafting for all seasons - anything but a card
Divas by Design - buttons and bows
Just Us Girls - template time! The secret drawer is my unusual packaging!!!
LEJ Designs Challenges - anything goes

Hope you all have a great Tuesday and we look forward to seeing you over at the challenge blog,

Lou
x

16 comments:

Doreen said...

Love your altered box,lots of lovely details and a fabulous tag

Lorraine said...

oh huni this is amazing love how you have put all of the elements together you are so clever i really love this keepsake you have made its stunning xx

Cheryl said...

Lou Hun,you are so amazing,sweetie I just love what you have done here with all your goodies,its just brilliant Hun you are so talented sweetie just love this to bits,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Craftyanny said...

Wow, wow, wow Lou I love this!!!!
I really admire this look but struggle to achieve anything near it.
Fabulous!!!!! Your Mum will be thrilled with this for sure.
Anne x

Margreet said...

Wonderfully altered box...thanks for joining the Divas!
xxx Margreet

Claire said...

Gorgeous creation - love all the papers and colours and elements on this and the tag is also stunning. Hugs, Claire x

Judy McKay said...

Love your box and tag. Very nice design and art work. Thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week

rachel said...

wow wow wow - this is absolutely amazing - I love it - so much colour and texture and everything really! Thanks so much for joining us over at LEJ designs this week! Hugs Rachel xx

Michelle said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely Lou!! How sunning this looks, lots of detail to look at and your lucky Mum when she opens the drawer!

I got a step further with mine, I sanded the rough edges, lol!

michelle x

Molecraft said...

What a beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning creation, I love the butterfly and the bumble bee, your attention to detail is wonderful. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Country Mouse said...

Wow, this is wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges!
audrey
dt member!!

AKiteFlier said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us a JUGS this week. We do appreciate the support of our loyal followers. Have a great weekend!

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Beautiful box Lou, I know that your Mom will love it and brighten her day!

Thanks for sharing your creations with us a Come and Get It, Good Luck!

Shell~Alaska♥

l00pyscraftcreations said...

That is a work of art!
thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs, and making the first challenge such a success,
Good Luck,

Lou DT

~ Marie ~ said...

Gosh that's so pretty. Thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs