Followers

Monday, 11 June 2012

Gosh I blink and 3 weeks have nearly passed!!!

WOW .... didn't realised that it has been so long since I last blogged. Loads happening still but at least their is a slight light at the end of the tunnel although this is sadly tinged with the fact that my F-i-Ls demencia is worse than even we thought ..... it's made worse by how well he looks and it is hard to believe that he had a serious heart attack and was in Harefield Hospital for 2 weeks.

Well as a great "brain break" I had the lush new CD from Polka doodles to play with ... Studio 12 Picknix.


OOOhhhh it is so much fun to play with and I used in Craft Artist. Everything was easy to add and use. I did think at first that I would struggle as I'm not a fan of digi scrap booking as I love a raised element to my projects but Nikky has designed the CD to be used either as a digi project or as a hybrid project. Now I have to say I am well and truly hooked and can't wait for the next CD. Here is one of my DT cards for the CDs launch on C&C ....


The CD comes with cutting files and I have used the hearts from the "Welcome Home" section. Copied and paste 3 times and then welded all the hearts together to create a huge background. I then cut this out on my CraftRobo. All the papers are from the same section on the CD too.


 Here is a close up of the hearts background and I have used some of the heart shapes to add further dimension (after a little inking). The frame was printed onto Safmat, placed on to some of the backing paper and then cut out.


Flowers and ribbon are from my stash. The sentiment was also printed on to Safmat and layered on to one of the papers.

Hope you get a chance to have a play with this fab kit,

Lou
x





3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh thats lovely Lou! Love the hearts, they do come out well dont they?!

Must say I have never tried digi, I have got a basic Serif one and had one look at it and thought "Panic" So havent looked again!:)

Try and get some you time, important for charging the batteries remember:)
michelle x

Happy Days said...

Uh Oh - knew i shouldn't come on here to take a sneeky peek at your samples!! I now NEED a craft robo :(

Gorgeous card and I love what you've done with the hearts.

Claire xxx

Cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun,this is brilliant oh just adore what you have done here Hun,those hearts are so beautiful,hugs Cherylxxx