Followers

Friday, 29 June 2012

Oh my, thanks goodness it's Friday!

It's been a long week an nothng I planned to do as gone right as I have been everywhere and anywhere this week .... literally!!! I have now decided to just go with the flow and give up on my "to do" lists and any other activity I had planned .... less stressful!


The challenge this week over at Polka Doodles is "Fairy and Fnantasy" and I stretched the fairy theme a little with my card as I have used one of the gorgeous Christmas fairy (okay .... angel) stamps for my card (released for last Christmas). I sooooooooo wanted to use this stamp and she does look fairy like, doesn't she? A simple embossed background (Tim Holtz) which I have inked with distress inks, some ribbon offcut, glittered leaves, paper off cuts from Pretty Sweet CD and  Doodle Dew Drops. The images was stamped with Walnut distress ink and then water coloured with Walnut and Rose Pink distress inks.

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Polka Doodles - Fairy & fantasy
Holly Jolly Christmas - BINGO (red, free, ribbon)
Make My Monday - red, cream and green
Crafty Creations - embellish it!

Happy Friday everyone and I for one, am glad to se it arrive,

Lou
x


13 comments:

Claire said...

This is such a lovely card Lou - has a distressed feel to it. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Michelle said...

Just read Claire's comment "has a distressed feel to it" and thought that might sum up your week by the sounds of hit haha!!

Lovely card Lou:) Cant believe Misheflo's Challenge has come round again!! Haven't done card yet:( frantic make tomorrow!!
michelle x

Cazro said...

It's good to start slowly making our Christmas cards, this one is adorable. I love all the elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz

Mynnette said...

Such a darling card! LOVE the sparkle on the holly leaves! Thanks for joining us at MMM--I hope you join us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown as well! :)

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Hello Lou...your card is lovely. Love that distressed background and the graduation of shading. Thank you for joining in with us at Make My Monday. Suzanne :)

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Lou, lovely card, nice vintage feel to it, love that background and how it was done. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly

Meighan Wheller said...

A lovely card Lou, I can see why you purchased the image! Love how you did the back ground and added the emblishments. Thanks for joining us this week at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge. Regards Meighan

Suzi B said...

I love this card, its gorgeous
Thank you for joining us at MMM
suzi b :)

Judy McKay said...

Great art work. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas challenges this week.

Sue C said...

Fabulous card Lou, love the colours you've used and the added texture is perfect ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Fliss said...

Hello Lou, your card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the vintage effect and textures on there.
Thanks for sharing this with us at the MMM colour challenge too.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Teresa Kline said...

such a cute card, luv the texture and your coloring...gorgeous...so glad you played along with us at F&F...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your card is wonderful. Such a lovely vintage color palette and terrific texture. The burlap looks fantastic. Super job on the Frilly and Funkie texture challenge. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this past week at Frilly and Funkie.