Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Studio 12 Picknix CD

I simply adored the fact that Nikky (Polka Doodles) had added cutting files to Studio 12 Picknix so simply had to use them when I made some samples for her. So I dusted off my CraftRobo and got started using this cutting file from the "Welcome Home" digi kit ...




I just loved the tumbling hearts effect and thought that they would make a great background or even a mask to use to create an embossing technique. I imported the image in to my CraftRobo software, copied and pasted the hearts 3 more times, overlaid them, merged/welded them together to create a complete background and here's the card I made using this background ....


I have layered 2 of the lush roses papers on top of each other to create my background and then placed the hearts on top. I have secured the hearts in place with a frame (printed on to Safmat) and a band across my card .....



The frame and sentiment were printed on to Safmat and then I used them on the matching papers to keep some continuity and also to show what you can do with just 2 papers! The band was made using some jute ribbon and one of the paper designs, finished off with some flowers and the sentiment.



I then used the hearts, which were left over from the background, inked the edges and placed then randomly around the cut out hearts background (another sneaky way of securing the background too!).


Products used: 
Studio 12 Picknix CD (Polka Doodles shop)
Safmat (Polka Doodles shop)
Rambling Rose distress ink (Polka Doodles shop)
Jute ribbon (bought from local florist)
Pin Flair glue gel (Polka Doodles shop)


Can't wait to see how you now use your cutting files on your Studio 12 projects. Don't forget to pop over to the Studio 12 blog to see lots of Studio 12 yumminess,


Lou
x


ps: do we a tutorial on how I imported the images etc on to my CraftRobo. Let me know what you think.


3 comments:

Happy Days said...

This is awesome! I love it and I now definitely NEED a Craft Robo, so a tutorial would be fantastic as at least I know I'll be able to do one thing once I get it!!! Claire xxx

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card Lou.xxx

Michelle said...

Well merging and welding etc., was over my head:0

But who cares, cause I adore the effect you got on your card and the hearts you randomly put on look fab:)
michelle x