Followers

Friday, 6 July 2012

Another bit of hybrid crafting

Yep, I have used another fabby cutting file to create my tag from the "All Sewn Up" section on the Picknix CD from Studio 12 at Polka Doodles. I imported the image into my CraftRobo software, resized it and then cut out the shape. Please note that this shape comes in a solid shape (as below) and is also split in to several pieces for layering.



I decided I wanted to get messy and play with my inks and mists which is exactly what I did. The manikin, papers and embellishments have all been inked, misted and embossed to give a more vintage theme.





I also printed lots of the elements on to Safmat which I then stuck on to card, distressed with inks & mists and as final touch, triple embossed.


The sentiment has been "cut up" to create separate words and then layered on to the tag. Loads of ribbon and a safety pin (!) and my tag was finished, Probably not as quick as just cutting and sticking but it was messy fun. Hopefully you get an idea that you can further alter your die cuts and printed papers to create the look you want .... go on, give it a try.

I am entering my tag in to the following challenges:

Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog - dimension and texture
Frilly & Funkie - texture
Simon Says Stamp - tags

Well gotta dash as I received several crafty bundles in the post to day and I need to play with them!!!

Lou
x

7 comments:

Judith said...

Hi Lou - love your tag its fab - i love those roses along the bottom hugs judith x

Craftyanny said...

Beautiful Lou, love it.
Will need to get me some samfat one of these days
Anne x

Anita Houston said...

Just lovely!!! Love the pinks and the whole sewing theme is wonderful! Great layers and that fabric rose row looks wonderful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is stunning,just love the detail on,this love,the flowers,and those colours,and your detail just amazing,hugs Cherylx

Michelle said...

Oh I love this tag Lou!! Didnt get round to crafting today but DEFFINATELY going to do some on Monday!!
michelle x

Sue C said...

Gorgeous tag Lou, sounds and looks like you had great fun ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Kristen said...

very pretty, love the flowers and colors :)

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com