Monday, 2 July 2012

Do you want some candy?

There is some delicious candy being given away over on the Studio 12 blog, so why not pop over and enter in all the fun and whilst there, have a good nose though all the DT projects.

As I am also new to digi layering, I thought I'd create layout ideas, print them off and then create the hybrid version .... were it as a card or a scrapbook page. This has really helped me get uset to all the features on the Serif programme and not waste too much ink printing off papers and embellishments I then do not use!

For my card, I have used elements are from the "All Sewn Up" section of Picknix and I have printed all the embellishments on to Safmat so that I could then layer them on to different materials, card etc. The large heart is an example of how versatile Safmat is as it has been layered on to some bleached hessian. The leather effect tag has been layered on to some leather for added dimension!


If you hadn't guessed, I am a big fan of Safmat and would recommend it to everyone. Safmat is a printable sheet which allows you to create your own rub ons. It is fantastic for creating your own sentiments and once rubbed down, gives the effect of stamping.



I've used the Safmat to create the lace border and sentiment banner too.

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

The Crafty Bloggers Network - anything goes
PanPastel - use a digi (have used a digi kit!)
Hybrid Chick - stitching

Well better get the tea on as I myself am STARVING!

Lou
x

8 comments:

MariLynn said...

I love all the elements on your card.I really like the straight pins and the little safety pin.

Lorraine said...

wow wow wow this is fabtastic Lou i just adore this one its brilliant xx

Angela D said...

Wow,a lot of work in this one it is wonderful.

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Loverly Card. Thanks for joining in the CBN.

Gillian .... said...

Beautiful project full of interesting detail and layers, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

JLJ Designs said...

Sweet card! I love the sewing elements. Thank you for joining us at The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan.

Happy Crafting!
Jen (JLJ Designs)
My Blog

Scrappycath said...

This is an amazing card. LOVE the stitching!! Thanks for joining us at The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan. Hope to see you again!

Angela D said...

Sorry its taken so long but your card is one of the top 3 from the CBN challenge in July if you would like the badge please feel free to grab it from the blog :) well Done