Followers

Friday, 10 August 2012

Another one ....

... it's a bit like buses I suppose .... don't see any Christmas cards and suddenly there are 2 this week! However we have glorious blue skies and WARM sunshine, so you may not see any further Christmas cards from me until nearer the time. Uuuummmm, won't promise mind you.

The challenge this week at Polka Doodles is "Celebration" as it is the closing ceremony of the Olympics and haven't we done well? The whole event has run smoothly, portrayed the country wonderfully and also some cracking #teamGB results. Anyhow, I digress, here is my card for this weeks challenge:


 Papers: Polka Doodles  "Here comes Christmas"
Image: Emma Canning"Mistletoe Moment"
Ribbon and glittery leaves from stash
Coloured with promarkers
Scalloped edgeabilities
Sentiment: Stampin Up


I've cheated a little as I have made my celebration "Christmas". I have used one of the new Emma Canning images for my card; "Mistletoe Moment", although I have been a little cheeky and split the couple up! I have used the girl by herself for my card, coloured with promarkers and the papers are from the new "Here comes Christmas" CD.The glittery bits are from some leaves I found in a sale in January and knew they would come in handy! Red gems are those lush "Doodle Dew Drops".

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Polka Doodles - celebration
My Mum's Craft Shop - Christmas
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - sketch
Tuesday Alchemy - "BINGO" I have used the line: Ribbon, glitter & dies

 Well gotta dash as today is busy, busy, busy. I have to get myself up to the hospital (again!) to see how my foot is healing (maybe I can come off these crutches as I am sooooo unco-ordinated with them), quick trip to the dentist, visit a friend, get Aaron ready for the weekend and then tidy the house (yuk),

Lou
x

17 comments:

mulberry station said...

It has been fun to start seeing some Christmas cards. I actually have seen a bunch of them lately. Yours is stunning. I love how you have added the Mistletoe and popped your image. Your papers are beautiful too!! Thanks for sharing your card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, being on crutches should give you a free pass to cleaning up the house!!!!! So glad you had time to share this lovely creation! How wonderful it is. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous card Lou, love everything about it.

Good luck at the hospital. Enjoy your weekend

Claire x

sari said...

What a gorgeous x-mas card and such a lovely image an pretty details! Thank you for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Arlana said...

Such a sweet Christmas card. Love your fun papers and sweet embellishments. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

Emma Canning said...

Beautiful Lou - see you're getting in the Crimbo spirit too :-) Loving that we get to start the celebrations so early x x

Emma Canning said...

Beautiful Lou - I see that you're getting into the Crimbo spirit too :-) Loving that we get to celebrate so early x x

Jeannie said...

What an adorably sweet holiday card! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Simple and Sweet said...

Oh, what a pretty Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week!
Erika SSW DT

Kathie said...

Hi Lu, this is a great Christmas card, love your image she looks perfectly happy just sitting there and your great embellishments of your Holy and berries. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jill said...

gorgeous christmas card thanks so much for joining us at MMCS hugS Jill xx

Katya- Ангел ф кедах said...

What a pretty christmas card!

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html

Pia S said...

Your Christmas card is SO sweet! I love the traditional colors and glitter details, you've put everything together so beautifully!

Eileen Ng said...

Nice coloring job and I really like the embellishments you used on this Xmas card! Great job integrating all of these techniques for our BINGO challenge this week at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

The Scrapping Factory said...

I love your project, that red strike on her hair, its fantastic! Love it....Fabi xxx

Carrie said...

Great Christmas Card!

Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week! x

Richard Norman said...

Hello Lulu

I stumbled across your blog.

Always a pleasure seeing another crafter getting pleasure from what they do.

Your cards are more sophisticated than anything I have done.

I sometimes make my own Christmas cards, I make lino cuts and print them on my old hand press.

I do quite a lot of gilding, but I am primarily a bookbinder,some of your cards are like small books with complicated covers.

Do you ever use simple 3 hole sewing to join several pages together? It could be sewn with ribbon.

I run a site devoted to craft bookbinding, there are a lot of free bookbinding manuals which may interest you.

Come on over if you have a moment.

Good luck to us all.

Richard