Followers

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Guess what ...?

I was very lucky to be picked to join in with the girls on the Crafty Creations Challenges as a DT member following their recent DT shout out. Ubber excited but have to get my head around Yahoo where we all meet up ..... I think it's an age thing but will get there in the end!

Well this week all the newbies have been asked to join in with the challenge to introduce ourselves (as it were) and the theme is a great one "Summer" and as I have just got back off my hols and didn't have much time to create, I whipped up this quick card.

Papers: Websters Pages
Marianne Design butterfly die
Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" folder 
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Button & ribbon from stash
Scallop edgerabilities die
SU border punch

The "stick" for my pin wheel is made using a liberated (!) Starbucks stirrer which wasn't why I liberated a few of them but works well for this card.

I am also entering my card in to the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - emboss it
Whoopsi Daisy Challenges - 2 patterned papers

Well better get a move on as have to take Aaron to the opticians for a contact lens "putting in/out" lesson, having me hair trimmed and the grey hairs banished, the dog is off to the groomers and I suppose I better catch up with some house hold chores (yuk).

Lou
x

14 comments:

MrsC.x said...

pretty card Louise really like the butterfly with its frilly edge. hope to see you soon. Charlie.x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Lou,love the flower.xxx

Claire said...

This is really pretty - love the windmill. Hugs, Claire x

Whimsey said...

Such beautiful colors - LOVE the pinkish-orangeish paper - yeah, official words - LOL!

Fantastic pinwheel!!

craftyb said...

Hi Lou, just wanted to pop by and welcome you to the CCC team - so great to have you join us! Your first creation is adorable - so pretty and sweet! bx

Michelle said...

So lovely and fantastic card. Love the pinwheel.
Thanks for joining us at CYP.
LG Michelle

acreativeneed said...

What a beauty this is Lou!! I love the pinwheel and such pretty papers and colors! I'm so excited to have you on the CCC team!Don't worry, I'm sure you will get around yahoo just fine! All the important 'chatter' goes straight to your e-mail anyway.
hugs,Deena

Meighan Wheller said...

Lovely card Lou. Love the pinwheel and how you used the embossed background. Love the butterfly and flower in the corner - two of my favourite things. Meg

Lindsey said...

Beautiful papers for this sweet pinwheel card! So glad you've joined us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

Jan Ltc said...

This is gorgeous thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

Love crafts forever said...

So pretty. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Hugs Nataliya

Vicky said...

Great card Lou - love pinwheels - so easy to make but very effective. :)x

Jaime said...

Liberated! Love it! I will have to remember that term. Love the card and the pinwheel! Thanks for joining the DT at CCC.

ellyscard creatief said...

Wat een geweldige mooie kaart. Groet, Elly