Followers

Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Needed to make something .....

... and found these stack of papers in a drawer ... DCWV Rock Star pack .... which I haven't used in AGES and I mean AGES! My crafty clearing up came about just before I went on holiday as I managed to hurt my foot and was on crutches. Not being able to settle at anything due to the pain, I thought I would distract myself by tidying up my craft stuff and sort out any bits that I can use in school ready for the new term. That's how I discovered this pack of papers and also 4 packs of K&Co matt stack papers .... so watch out as I think I need to use up some of the old stuff before buying any more new stuff that "I MUST HAVE" ..... okay I now have to admit (before she comments) that I am in the process of buying a load of stuff off Charlie from SU !!!

Anyhow, I waffle on and have now lost what I was going to say and share ... oh, DCWV Rock Star papers. Here's a quick card that I have made only using 2 papers ... go figure, you would of thought I'd use loads more but for some reason, it didn't happen!




I have add the charms, tickets, bottle cap, chipboard bits and bobs for AGES too and thought I'd use as many as possible to make my card. I squashed my bottle top in my Big Shot but I think, I might of over done it a tad as it is now completely FLAT! The letters are from a whole wad of Letraset sheets I found neatly stored in a folder which again, I have had for AGES and really must use them up before purchasing anymore sentiment stamps or rub-ons ..... (uuummmm think I might have broken this promise already!) You remember the ones I mean .... loads of big alphabet sheets that were used in the 80's/early 90's with tracing paper in between to stop them sticking together or the letters pulling off?!?!?

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Hooked on Craft Challenges - a card for a man
The squirrel and the fox - one for the men
Paper Play Challenges - sentiment as the main focus

Well off for a coffee with a friend and to catch up on all the village gossip .... gotta be done!

Lou
x

6 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Pinkllilac said...

Love your design on this Lou, hope your well now on your feet again.
Hugs Linda

Lorraine said...

oh wow Lou this card is fabtastic i just love it the guitar and charm really finishes it beautifully too xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Lou.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Tracey said...

I hope you are well and truly on the mend by now. What terrible luck! This is a What a wonderful card, isn't i great when tidying up means you find missing treasures? Thank you for joining us
at The Squirrel and The Fox, I hope to see you there again soon.
Tracey
x

Print gift cards said...

What a lovely card. So stunning design. I like the guitar. Thanks for sharing.