Friday, 19 October 2012

Snowflakes .....

I always love the cutting files Nikky adds to the Picknix CDs and just have to use them wherever possible and have made a quick, easy card with 3 of the snowflake designs by layering them on top of each other.

Papers, sentiment and snowflakes: Ginger Bread Twist from Polka Doodles
X Cut label dies
Scalloped edgeabilities
Doodle gems
Swiss Dots embossing folder
heart punch

I printed the background paper straight on to my 8"x8" card base and distressed the edges. I then cut out a "hole" by hand, from the card base, which is covered with an embossed die cut frame. The sentiment was my definite starting point for my card as I adore it; simple but so thought provoking.








The large snowflake has been made by layering up 3 different types of snowflakes from the Gingerbread Twist CD (which were cut on my CraftRobo), finished with a red heart and seam binding ribbon knot. Really effective and textural and didn't take long to make.







The smaller snowflakes were made in the same way from different sized snowflakes ad finished with a red heart and Doodle Gem. The other photo shows how the large snowflake sits on the side and also a quick glimpse of how I decorated the inside of the card.


I am in the process of writing up a little explanation of how to import the cutting files and will post it once I have finished.

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - dry embossing
Flourishes - Winter theme

Have a great weekend,

Lou
x

4 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the snowflakes.xxx

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Lou :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Elaine Hughes said...

Really delicate snowflakes. beautiful :)

******************************
Saffire dragon crafts
New digi stamp blog. Freebie in first post.

Connie said...

You are so very creative . . . love. love, love your site.
Your newest follower, Connie :)