Sunday, 9 December 2012

back from the cold ....

It has been a little manic the last couple of months and I have had no time to do any crafting or anything relaxing really. Things are little calmer although, will get a little bumpy again in the New Year but hopefully with a happy ending a from the bumpy, pot holed road I have been travelling on. Anyhow enough of the "down stuff" as Christmas is around the corner (I am sooooooooooo behind on absolutely everything) and the festive season begins in earnest ... one Christmas party done and another 2 to go .....

I am very late entering my card in to the Crafty Creations Challenge and I would like to thank everyone on the DT for bearing with me and being so understanding. I misinterpreted the theme (!) and had to start over again ... anyhow here is my card ....

Embossing folder: Freebie from a craft mag
Glitter, ribbon & glaze from stash
Snowflakes: Cutting file from "Gingerbread Twist", Polka Doodles

I have used the snowman image from "Here comes Christmas" CD from Polka Doodles. I wanted to make him look frosty, so I have covered him in glaze and as it was setting, I "cracked" the glaze to create a vintage, frosty feel ..... I know what I mean, I'm just not communicating it very well!
 

I have made the heart image glazed too, layered on top of a further heart and this is sent to everyone who has been very supportive .... mwahhhh to you all x



I am entering my card in tot he following challenges:

Crafty Creations Challenge - winter scene
CD Sunday Challenge Blog - frosty days
Red Carpet Studio - use a snowman/snowflake
2 Sisters Challenge blog - snowflakes

Well better get going as have load of cards and gifts still to make .... at this rate, they'll be getting them next Christmas .... lol

Lou
x

17 comments:

sue-b said...

Great card Lou, i see what you mean about cracking the glaze, very effective, Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A great card Lou. You have achieved a really frosty feel with your cracked glaze.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
Cd Sunday DT

Dawn said...

super sweet card Lou. thanks for joining our challenge at Red Carpet Studio.
Hugs Dawn

MrsC.x said...

hope things are getting better Louise looking forward to catching up in the new year.xx

If i dont speak to you before have a lovely christmas

Charlie.xx

craftyeyes said...

soo pretty thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

Jocelyn said...

Hi, a lovely frosty image and I like the way you have cracked the glaze on your snowman. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Linby said...

What a great contemporary Snowman and I love your layout.
Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.
Lynn x
GD

acreativeneed said...

Hi Lou! Wow, this little snowman is gorgeous! I love the cracked look and your layout is beautiful!
smiles,Deena

Crea-Sandra said...

Beautiful card, love the image and all the details!
Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio!
Hugs Sandra

Beryl said...

Great Frosty snowman card - I do kno exactly what you mean about cracking the glaze. You explained it very well.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Meighan Wheller said...

Hi Lou, I think your card is fabulous. I love the snowman and the glaze looks fantastic plus the added heart, very cute. We all have busy times, no stress :) Meighan

Christine said...

A super card and I love your 'cracked' frosty snowman. You explained it very well. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

A great card Lou and I like the cracking on the glaze, always adds something extra.

Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the cracked ice effect you got with this card, he's gorgeous.

Sue x

Margarets designer cards said...

Great frosty snowman
Margaret

Purple Crazy said...

Great card and so frosty looking, thank you for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

Cazro said...

Isn't he a super snowman. A frosty card for our challenge, wonderful. Sorry I am so late. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz