Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Black and white plus one ....

is this weeks theme over at Crafty Creations Challenges this week and we are sponsored by Becky's Place who kindly gave the DT some images to "play with".

I decided to use the "Happy Birthday" sentiment and make it in to a background paper. I imported the image in to Craft Artist, made a background design and then using the transparency button, made the colour fade. My other colour for this card is pink and I have used elements from the garden section of the Studio 12 Picknix CD .... I have stamped 2 butterfly images; one on to the pink backing paper (hidden by square panel) and one on to the "Happy Birthday" background.

Background: digi image from Becky's Place
Ribbon from stash
Dies: X-Cut large fancy labels, Nellie Snellen scallop square
Bliss sentiment: Serendipity Stamps
Butterfly stamps: Stamps Away, Flutter By set
I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Diva's by Design - winged things

I had some of my backing paper left over, so made a further card but used blue as my other colour. Again the flower images are from the garden section of the Studio 12 Picknix CD.
I have stamped directly on to the backing panel using stamps that were a freebie with a craft magazine. The larger bird was stamped on to the backing paper and cut out and I have cut a further set of wings to add a 3D effect.


Background: digi image from Becky's Place
Ribbon from stash
Dies: X-Cut large fancy labels, Nellie Snellen label die
Bliss sentiment: Serendipity Stamps
Bird stamps: Freebie from a craft magazine
Embossed background: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Script
  

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Diva's by Design - winged things
 
 

Now I made the original background to fit an A4 page but when it printed out, I forgot to put it on to borderless printing so had some space left on the page. Not wanting to waste any of my paper, I printed out the "Happy Birthday" sentiment "as is" and made this card from it .....

Papers and large flower: DoCrafts
SU Scalloped circle punch
SU circle punch
Flower coloured with promarkers
Card Candy embellishments

Well I think I quite enjoyed this weeks theme .... hee, hee, hee! Thanks for popping by and trying to catch up with everyone but unfortunately up to my ears in course work so am little slower than usual but will get there in the end,

Lou
x

9 comments:

Linda . J said...

Fantastic cards Lulu loving the colours you have used and the images are brilliant
Hugs Linda

Connie said...

So pretty . . . I think that using black and white has a way of adding elegance. That's it your cards are pure elegance :)
Fantastic job.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Kim said...

I like the floral cards you have posted!! The black and white one with the blue is really pretty, as is the red and pink one that you did for the color challenge!! :>)

Fabrizio Martellucci said...

Beautiful cards Louise, couldn't resist but feature one on papermood.com I hope that's ok ! :) xoxo

mags said...

Lovely creations. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Rina said...

Just lovely...whats more to say about them?!
Thanks for stopping by and joining in the Diva's challenge this week.... best of luck and hope to see you again soon!
Rina ~~DT

Sarah said...

Hi Louise, what a gorgeous collection of cards! All so beautifully embellished and perfectly put together.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Paula Knall said...

Such stunning cards Louise. Paula xxx

Jennifer said...

All gorgeous cards, Lou. I especially love the top one.

Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x