Sunday, 24 March 2013

Whoops .... haven't forgotten how to blog ....

OMG ..... how long since I last blogged??? Wait don't remind me. Life been a little hectic and Steve has an up and coming operation (finally) and there is lots of prep needed. Arranging a surprise party but it is being held in a different country, so a little stressful and then been on a course (will run for 6 weeks) for school which involves HOMEWORK .... !

Now it's my time to pull up my snuggle socks and finally post about a Studio 12 project for Polka Doodles ..... let me set the scene .... I am a lucky bunny as Nikky sent me loads of new stamps to play with and thought I'd share one of my experiments (!) with you !!!

I wanted to make a card that had no DP on it at all and also use colours that were outside my comfort zone. A while back Nikky and I were chatting over in a social networking site (I wonder which one that could be now?!?!?) and we both decided that yellow as a colour was one we didn't use very much, so, I have decided to use yellow as my accent colour. Sorry wasn't brave enough to make it my main colour .....




I have used the following stamp sets to create my card ....

*Pre-Order* Distressed Zig and Zag - stamp set*Pre-Order* Moments to Remember stamp set
*Pre-Order* Slab Stamps 1 - Shapes (A5)   *Pre-Order* Shabby checkers Stamp    *Pre-Order* Dreamy Trees - Stamp Set


I made my panels making different backgrounds using a selection of the element stamps, inking the edges and then layering these on to white and black card. My main background was made using the cross hatch design from the Dreamy Trees set. I even used the lickle tree to make the leaves for my flower! My card was finished with a few gems and lables (?) nestie. The ribbon offcuts were from my stash.

Not sure why my photo is at this angle and will try and redo this so you get a better view of all the different stamped layers.

Updated: more photos added which I think show all the different layers 

Hope the snow isn't ruining your Sunday too much and the vibrant yellow colours in my card, bring a little spring to your day.

Lou
x

Challenges I am entering my card into:

Paper Creator's Crafts - Spring (the colours on my card are inspired by Spring)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - lots of layers
Card Makin Mamas - Spring Colours (the colours on my card are inspired by Spring)
For Your Inspiration - photo inspiration (ooohhhh the colour of that sky .... big sigh)

8 comments:

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your layout! Thanks for joining in at FYI.

Gail said...

The blue and yellow are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' challenge! --Gail

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stamping and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Love all the layers and elements. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Wedgie said...

Fab card...love your stamping.

Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Лілюська-Lilia said...

Fabulous!! Thank you for joining Card Makin' Mamas Challenge! Lilia DT

rudlis said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at FYI.