Thursday, 25 April 2013

Life is much better ....

... when you are laughing.

I adore this phrase from the Studio 12 stamp range (from Polka Doodles) and can't stop using at the moment and have made another project using it. OH recently received a package which had a stiff board enclosed (to protect the item) and it was too good to throw away, so I have turned in to a plaque.


I covered the very stiff, dense card in white acrylic paint and then over stamped on it whilst it was still tacky/wet to create my background. I then rubbed in some glimmer mist using a cotton wool ball to create a subtle shadow. You can see a little bit of my background in the photo below.
 

I then used my stamp slab to create a background on a piece of cream card and cut a frame out of it and inked the edges. I have kept the middle section for a future project. I then used a flower die cut off  on a tag from a new pair of jeans and layered this with a heart (using the heart stamp slab stamp) and that brilliant phrase.

 

I found several metal embellishments in my "must use one day" box and as I only had one flower, I cut it in half so it looks like I have used 2 on my project!  


I have had this beautiful Petaloo flower for eons and it was just what I needed to finish my project. The butterflies are made using the butterfly slab stamp, over stamped with a different Studio 12 phrase, and then layered on to a further die cut butterfly. My plaque was finished with some corners, tea roses and gems.


To check out the full Studio 12 stamp range, check out the Polka Doodles shop HERE and whilst you're there, check out the Stamp Slab range too.

Have a great day everyone,

Lou
x

I am entering my plaque in to the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge - sentiment as the focus
ABC Challenges - recycle - base and tag
Crafty Boots - recycle
Digi Darla - recycle
Fab'n'Funky Challenges - love is a splendid thing
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes




12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,gorgeous details and colours.xxx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card. Love everything element you used!

Lin said...

AMEN to that! Love your pretty card with all the happy elements! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, there is so much going on. It looks amazing.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Danielle Vincent said...

I LOVE that sentiment too! Fabulous card and wonderful use of a recycled item for our challenge this week at ABC Challenges.

Jackie said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the embellishments you've added...thanks so much for joining us this week @ ABC Challenges!!!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Stunning creation, thanks so much for playing at our recycle challenge at Digi Darla's:)

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

WOW how fabulous to have use something that was going in the trash and convert it to something so awesome! Love the sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely and beautiful card at Craft-Room "So Sentimental" Challenge, good luck and welcome again;-))m

Esther said...

A really beautiful card - love that gorgeous flower, Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room .. Esther xx

Patty Gorka said...

WOW, this is just amazing! Love your flowers ang butterfly too! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!

Debi said...

Great vintage feel, with heaps of pretty details! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x