Followers

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

No patterned paper CCC

Well my post appeared but when I logged on this evening, the words had disappeared ... SAY WHAT! I had scheduled this post and the one below and for some bizarre "X Files" reason, no wording had appeared .... uuummm, I'm going to blame Mr Blogger as I'm almost sure that I did write something ...!  Now to start all over again ....

Well the challenge over at CCC this week is to use no patterned paper and as I am in a real stamping mode at the mo, this challenge was a breeze. Background made using my Studio 12 Stamp Slab and if you are not sure what this is, check it out HERE. I adore this craft item especially as it is more stable and flexible to use than the Gelli Plate. Should add at this point, that this is my opinion before I get chastised :)

and gems from stash,

I have used loads of different Studio 12 products and just love the collage feel you can create using them. The only bit I didn't make was the torn page from a book and the red ribbon. I even made my own card blank .... lol ! The stamp slab is a great item to use to layer your inks on to create an original background. I have used my distress inks on my slab interspersed with glimmer mists, laying the background first and then stamping on to this and finally, putting my card on top to pick up the design. I have then spritized the remaining ink to create further backgrounds for future projects.

Here is a card I made for my Auntie who heads back to the states this weekend and it was great to catch up with her at my Mum's surprise 70th party. We all had a few Guinness's and lots of chat but remind me never to arrange a surprise party again, especially if it's in a different country to the one you live in!

Well gotta dash and walk the dog as the rain and hail stones have now stopped, so better go before they start again.

Thanks for popping by,

Lou
x

Challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges - use a sentiment
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Craft Room Challenge - so sentimental
Tuesday Throwdown - focus on the sentiment
Simon Says Stamp - background
Paper Crafting Journey - use a sentiment

Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love this awesome color combination. Thank you so much for sharing this delightful card with us. It's a true blessing to have you play along with us, and I really hope to see more of your amazing art shared. Have a blessed week, and please know that I am SO grateful to have you share with us!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

butterfly said...

Gorgeous card... love how you've layered up the collage - and each element is a treat! Great inspiration for CCC, thank you.
Alison x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Thank you Lou for sharing this beautiful and gorgeous card at Craft-Room's "So Sentimental" Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Sarah said...

What fabulous card design. Love the colours and layers! Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Maria said...

This is fabulous! I've never seen the stamping slab before, but I love how your card as turned out, and the sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining in with our "So Sentimental" theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Davi said...

Beautiful card Lou with the pretty colors and wonderful sentiment! So glad you joined us at TT this week :)

Lizzie R said...

This card is beautiful! How honored the receiver
Should be for sure! Great colour and texture. Poopy about having to repost. Had to do that once
When the blog post trolls hit my neck of the woods. Boo. But great card nonetheless!

Debi said...

I love your card, all the details and great stamping, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Julie said...

Wow - this is just lovely! - thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Hugs Julie x

Sanja Grdinić said...

I think this card is great! Love the heart image, the sentiment and colors! :)

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Love it!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

hazel said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.