Followers

Friday, 24 May 2013

2 weeks after ...

... Steve's operation and things are slowly .... I mean slowly .... getting back on track. Staples were removed today and it was fascinating watching them be removed. I couldn't get over how small they are considering the task they have to accomplish but then, being myself vertically challenged, I remembered the old adage ... all good things come in small packages ....

That now leads me on to my card! Whilst cleaning out some wallets, I discovered different plastic wallets with "bits" inside. I had obviously decided to keep them for a project but had then forgotten to use them! So with some of the treasure I discovered, here's what I made ....


I must admit that I a little smitten with the sentiment  ...


I'd love to list all the things used but can only name a few .... okay here goes ...
Papers: MME ?
Sentiment: K & Co ?
Butterfly: K & Co ?
Crochet flower  - I made
Material covered brad and flower: Prima ?
Die cut shape: Spellbinders 
Embossing folder: Swiss Dots
Extras: Card Candy, crystal gems, twine & small pegs

A bright, cheerful card for a very wet, windy and cold day ... I thought we were in May?!?!?!

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Delightful Challenges - celebrate friendship
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - use a butterfly
Crafts and Me - lots of layers

Well off to get dressed in many layers to go and walk the dog .... ridiculous weather ...

Lou
x

3 comments:

Connie said...

You are a brave woman. I once watched the doctor remove stitches from my son, they missed clipping one and tore the skin (just a bit) it bled and I passed out. Later he told me that he lost more mother's that way, LOL.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

A gorgeous card, love the way you made the pennants! Just perfect for our challenge of Celebrate Friendship! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges and good luck in the draw! Susan x

Elizabeth said...

Very nice card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following - new follower here :) Love your artwork!!