Friday, 31 May 2013

Colour challenge at Polka Doodles

Another Friday is upon us and the this year is whizzing away too quickly for my liking! I can't believe that we are almost half way through this year. Definitely blink and you'll miss it. I sometimes wish I was Dr Who's companion so we could go back in time I can enjoy the past again at a slower rate.

Being Friday, it can only mean one thing, Polka Doodles Challenge time. For my card this week, I have to say I struggled with the colour scheme "purple" as it's not a colour I use predominately in my projects. After much agonising, I finally pulled myself together and my card then came together very quickly. The papers are from Cherry Blossom Lane CD and the scrummy cupcake is from Studio 12 Picknix collection 1 CD along with the matching ticket sentiment.


I had to add another colour to the scheme and my cupcake was the "way in", and I made a lickle crochet flower. This is joined to the ribbon with a button. As I was feeling a little guilty about not strictly sticking to the colour scheme, I have even added purple crystal gems to the centre of my ribbon roses. 


I am entering my card in to  he following challenges:

Creative moments - lots of layers
Bearly-mine challenges - colour challenge
Everybody Art Challenge - sketch
Crafty Bloggers - BINGO - die cut (flourish & border), flowers & ribbon
Fab'n'Funky Challenges - girly

Well we've got a house full this weekend and there was me thinking I might get a little quiet .... obviously not! I hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you decide to do ... or not do!

Lou
x

3 comments:

Claire said...

This is really pretty hun - love your crochet flower. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and colours.xxx

Asha said...

Oh my word, Lou! This absolutely enchanting! Love love love the details.... Such patience! Hope you're enjoying the warm weather.
xxx Asha