Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Schools out .....

well it might be in the US but we still have another 6/7 weeks to go ....

Well the theme this week over on Twisted Tuesday is "Schools out" and the twist .... to use yellow and children on your project. I have to say I have struggled with the theme as I do not normally make any "Schools out" cards. My holiday scrapbook that I am currently working on, is all about Ireland and our holidays taken there over the last 20 years but ..... not much use of yellow there! Finally after nearly losing all my mojo, I found these papers by Websters Pages which (I hope) fit the bill perfectly and here's my card ....


Papers: Websters Pages
Chipboard embellishments: Websters Pages
Ribbon from stash 
Brad: MME
SU border punch

Here is a close up of the cute children image and this so reminds me of my brother and I, with one exception, I'm not a dress kind of girl (lol). It also has that wistful look from my fav children's books .... Famous Five by Enid Blyton. I loved those books and as I am one of  five, it made it all more relevant to me .... well it did when I was a child. However when the "Comic Strip" bought out their version, it did make me view these books in a completely different light ... lol !


Please do pop over and visit us as we would love to see how you interpretate our theme. Remember that you have 2 weeks to enter!

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Flourishes Timeless Challenge - summertime with sheer ribbon
Tuesday Throwdown - favourite book (Famous Five)
Love to create - challenge to do with a book/reading etc
Tammy's Scrappin Corner - vintage
Catered Crop - yellow

Well off to finish sorting out my photo bucket account as I apparently have over filled it ..... well there were loads of photos in albums, so may take longer than I anticipated ....

Lou
x

16 comments:

Karal Schuknecht said...

This is such a pretty card and I love the light colors and vintage feel. Thanks for joining us this week for Vintage.
Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
karalscreativespace.blogspot.com

Desire Fourie said...

Lou this is such a beautiful creation with great details. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Margaret said...

Very lovely card. Great vintage theme. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Tammy Ortiz said...

We are so pleased you came over to enter our challenge. 



Thanks for visiting and entering this week's challenge.
we hope to see you back next week.

Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrappin Corner

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Louise! Love how you pulled all of the elements together!!

Majo said...

Lovely image and so very soft, love it!

Melina said...

I love the borders you used! Great card :)

sandra carey said...

Lovely Image and soft colours Thanks for playing at L.T.C. this week hope to see you again Sandra DT xx

NanaConnie said...

Darling image, Lou, and great book choice. :-D Thanks so much for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown this week and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely card, your heart and buttons are precious. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Katie Sims said...

What lovely patterned papers and sweet silhouette image! Your sheer ribbon certainly finishes it off beautifully. So glad you could play along with us this week in the Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes!

Crafty and Green said...

Very Pretty! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge! Please come back and play with us again soon, we can't wait to see what you'll create!!

Many Blessings,
Tina - LTC Designer

Zenita Smith said...

Great card and I love that image. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
DT member Love to Create Challenge
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

Eemeli said...

Beautiful creation. Love the color scheme. Thanks for joining our "Vintage" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli (DT)

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful card with these gorgeous papers!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.

Gail said...

Hi Lou - thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown - your card is lovely - and wow 6-7 more weeks of school -enjoy your day! Gail DT