Tuesday, 9 July 2013

I wanna see .....

.... your embossing folder over at Twisted Tuesday and the twist .... to use something beginning with I on your project.

I have used 2 different embossing folders on my card; Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" and "Swiss Dots" folders. The background is made using the "Happy Birthday" folder with inking around the edges using Marigold distress ink. All the flowers have been embossed with the Swiss dots folder to give an added dimension ... well I think it does. The frame and beaded circle have also been embossed with the Swiss dots folder, with the beaded circle also being inked.

Papers, sentiment, flowers, flourish & leaves: Polka Doodles "Bonbon Belles" double CD 
Edgeabilites: Classic Scallop and Classic Flower
Spellbinders: Classic square and beaded circles
Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" and "Swiss dots" embossing folder
White 10cm doily

All the flowers, sentiment and papers are from the new Polka Doodles "Bonbon Belles" double CD and I have used the "Tropical" section. I am trying very hard to use colours I wouldn't always default to, so this CD is great for this and I have used orange as my feature colour.

I am also entering my card in tot he following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - dry embossing

Well gotta dash as have loads of cards and presents to finish before the end of term .... making all the children lots of different crafts to do over the holidays and a mini scrapbook. Now thinking I've bitten off more than I chew..

Enjoy the sun everyone and make sure you slap on loads of suncream, wear a hat and drink lots of fluids,

Lou
x

8 comments:

Lynne said...

Louise, your card is gorgeous!! I am loving all of the layering, and the color orange was a perfect choice for this!!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

Vickie Y said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the embellies and layers you used.

Melina said...

this is so pretty! I love the soft colors and your embossing :)

Lori said...

Well, hello there friend!! Gorgeous card - love all the embossing! Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

Tamie said...

Loving the colors, layers, layout and the way you incorporated your dry embossing! Fabulous inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our dry embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

Leanne DT!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

This card is gorgeous! Love all the flowers and the embossed background. Excellent!