Studio 12 Shabby Chic Roses for Rosie .....

Rosie, my son's girlfriend recently celebrated her birthday and Luke asked me to make her a card .... not to give from him (!) but from us! Rosie had let slip a while back that she has never had a card with her name on it, so that was my starting point ......



I have used the lush Studio 12 Shabby Chic Roses stamp set from Polka Doodles (big A5 set) which have been stamped and coloured them Aged Mahogany and Peeled Paint distressed ink. The rose buds have the word "elieve" stamped at the bottom ... so cute. I stamped around the edges of my card using the leaves from the Studio 12 Pretty Petal Bunting set in peeled paint and blended around the edges.


The postcard has been using Studio 12 Picknix CD using roses paper which has been faded out. I imported the postcard logo. All the other postage related stamps are from the Studio 12 Vintage Ephemera set. The letter are Thickers and I have glittered the capital "R" with black glitter for added texture and the sentiment is a rub on created using Safmat (gorge product and a MUST HAVE)!


I finished my card with offcuts of ribbon and lace, buttons and brads and also some cute lickle bees I found in a pot that has been sitting in a cupboard for yonks. I think they are from K&Co ?!?!?

I made 2 pins by adding hearts and beads to them and tucked them behind the flowers.

Rosie loved the card ... or so she said as she is a very polite girl but I equally had fun making it.

Right gotta dash, as finishing the last splurge on school uniform and then its having photos taken for passports .... oh I do dislike having my photo taken and am dreading already the outcome.

Lou
x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Delicious Doodles - anything floral
Dutch Dare - birthdays
Happy Campers - use a stamp
Divas by design - lace
Penny's Paper Craft Challenge - use 3 embellishments - lace, ribbon & brads

Comments

How pretty! I love the subtle stamping on the background!
Melanie said…
A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "chose 3 embellishments" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
Sharon said…
This is a beautiful card. I love the flowers and the design and embellishments are gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x