Premium Craft brands and holly leaves

The theme over on this weeks Pan Pastels/Premium Craft Brands Challenge blog is falling leaves. Well, I wanted to get ahead a little with my Christmas card making and have taken the falling leaves to be holly leaves .... I know slightly stretching it but hey, they are leaves! Here is what I came up with  .......


I stamped the leaves from the Premium Craft Brands "Winter Spruce" set on to white cardstock with a Versamark pad and then coloured them using Bright yellow green, permanent green and rich gold pan pastels. I then cut them out. To add to my wreath I have die cut some extra leaves and coloured them using the same pan pastels. I wanted their to be a warm sheen to the leaves and have used an autumnal colour palate rather than traditional Christmas colours.


As a finishing touch to the wreath, I have added Perfect Pearls as red holly berries and added a sentiment to the centre. (Sentiment is from Premium Craft Brands, Perfect Poinsettia stamp set).


For my background, I have taken a plain sheet of lined paper and using the Maimeri Glassy Gel and the large 12" x 12" dots with edges stencil, I created a textural background. I highlight the paper with magenta pan pastel and then went to town using all my metallic pan pastels.


The 2 photos above show the different design elements to the stencil and have to say, I am loving this stencil as there is so many different shapes on one stencil that you create something different each time to use it.

To get any of the products I have used please pop over to the Premium Craft Brand website of to the Polka Doodles website. If you're anything like me, my wish list grew substantially. I know need to let Santa know what a good girl I have been this year !!!!

Before I go, do you fancy winning over £120 of gorgeous Premium Craft Brands products? Well if you do, pop over to the Pan Pastel/Premium Craft Brands Challenge Blog and put your name down. Hurry the draw ends on 7th November .....

Well gotta dash as have to pretend to be a domestic goddess today and actually do some tidying .... oh how I dislike housework!!!

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Pan Pastel Challenge - leaves
2 sisters - anything goes
Crazy Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - make it square
Inkspirational - anything goes
Izazovi i Slatkisi - colours of autumn

Comments

Claire said…
wow this is gorgeous Lou, the leaves look stunning against that beautiful background. Fab interpretation of this weeks theme
Claire xx
Claire said…
Such a lovely card and the wreath is so effective. Hugs, Claire x
Connie said…
Anyone that receives this card would treasure it among their favorite Christmas decorations. It's a keeper . . . so pretty.
Tracy said…
Stunning Lou, adore your background and the leaves sure do pop...beautiful!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox
Doreen said…
Gorgeous card,love the design and papers.xxx
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful wreath and card!