Sunday, 13 October 2013

Premium Craft brands and holly leaves

The theme over on this weeks Pan Pastels/Premium Craft Brands Challenge blog is falling leaves. Well, I wanted to get ahead a little with my Christmas card making and have taken the falling leaves to be holly leaves .... I know slightly stretching it but hey, they are leaves! Here is what I came up with  .......


I stamped the leaves from the Premium Craft Brands "Winter Spruce" set on to white cardstock with a Versamark pad and then coloured them using Bright yellow green, permanent green and rich gold pan pastels. I then cut them out. To add to my wreath I have die cut some extra leaves and coloured them using the same pan pastels. I wanted their to be a warm sheen to the leaves and have used an autumnal colour palate rather than traditional Christmas colours.


As a finishing touch to the wreath, I have added Perfect Pearls as red holly berries and added a sentiment to the centre. (Sentiment is from Premium Craft Brands, Perfect Poinsettia stamp set).


For my background, I have taken a plain sheet of lined paper and using the Maimeri Glassy Gel and the large 12" x 12" dots with edges stencil, I created a textural background. I highlight the paper with magenta pan pastel and then went to town using all my metallic pan pastels.


The 2 photos above show the different design elements to the stencil and have to say, I am loving this stencil as there is so many different shapes on one stencil that you create something different each time to use it.

To get any of the products I have used please pop over to the Premium Craft Brand website of to the Polka Doodles website. If you're anything like me, my wish list grew substantially. I know need to let Santa know what a good girl I have been this year !!!!

Before I go, do you fancy winning over £120 of gorgeous Premium Craft Brands products? Well if you do, pop over to the Pan Pastel/Premium Craft Brands Challenge Blog and put your name down. Hurry the draw ends on 7th November .....

Well gotta dash as have to pretend to be a domestic goddess today and actually do some tidying .... oh how I dislike housework!!!

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Pan Pastel Challenge - leaves
2 sisters - anything goes
Crazy Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - make it square
Inkspirational - anything goes
Izazovi i Slatkisi - colours of autumn

7 comments:

Claire said...

wow this is gorgeous Lou, the leaves look stunning against that beautiful background. Fab interpretation of this weeks theme
Claire xx

Claire said...

Such a lovely card and the wreath is so effective. Hugs, Claire x

Connie said...

Anyone that receives this card would treasure it among their favorite Christmas decorations. It's a keeper . . . so pretty.

Tracy said...

Stunning Lou, adore your background and the leaves sure do pop...beautiful!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the design and papers.xxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your wreath is amazing!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful wreath and card!