Having fun with my pan pastels .... again!

I have had a wonderful week in Ireland visiting my mum which is just what I needed to recharge my batteries. The journey is long but definitely worth it. I took my dog with me too and he was a complete darling in the car and on the ferry but he and my mum's dog did take a while to warm to each other .... finally getting on, 2 days before I was leaving. Back to normality now .....

There is a new challenge over at Pan Pastel challenges, "pink and white" and for my birthday, I was lucky to receive a fantastic selection of ribbons and lace which I just had to use on my project.


I have created my background using a heart stencil from ARTplorations which I covered in Perfect medium and then covered in white and clear embossing powders, and using magenta pan pastel, lightly coloured the edges. On another piece of linen card I used the same stencil with Perfect medium but this time coloured the panel with magenta and red pearlescent pan pastel. They were blended out with the colourless blender.


Next I over stamped with a Lavinia stamps image, embossing with white detail powder. I stamped the "Happy" with Umber Versa Colour ink pad. I have added white highlights using my GraphIt shaker pen. This is part of the STAMPlorations "happy" sentiment builders set.


I layered the panel on top of some pink crochet lace topped off with some white decorative lace. As a finishing touch, I added some pink ribbon roses, heart pins and a stamped butterfly (coloured with Magenta and Magenta extra dark pan pastels). The sentiments were stamped with the same Umber Versa Colour ink and added to the pins.


Right better get my act together and get the washing put away, plus do a little bit of tidying u.

Lou
x x x

Products I used:-


Challenges:
Pan Pastel - pink and white
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - always anything goes
Crafty Boots - use a sentiment
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
The Pink Elephant Challenge - anything goes
LTSCB - anything goes
Addicted to stamps - dry embossing
Come and get it - lots of layers
Fantasy Stampers - pretty in pink
STAMPlorations - stamps and hearts

Comments

So pretty, lovely delicate shading and great design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne
Mrs Beez said…
This is such a pretty card. I love butterflies, especially in pink(!), and the lace and rose trim are perfect finishing touches. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.
Bunny said…
Great card. I love the soft colors. The lace is beautiful and those little heart pins are cute. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT
Michelle said…
Adorable. Great card.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
Hope we see you again at a next challenge.
xxx Michelle (DT)
Céline said…
beautiful
thanks for playing at addicted to stamps
hugs
céline
Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is such a gorgeous card I love all the lace. Hugs Jackie
Judith said…
Hi Lou - its ages since I've seen you! - just found you on another blog so thought I'd pop in : ) - love this pretty card hugs Judith x
This is amazingly pretty Lou. Love it x
Brawny x said…
Wow stunning card. Very very pretty x
Andree said…
This is so pretty Lou. I love the texture of the linen card x
Oooo, gorgeous lace and trims as a bday gift? we must be matching crafters!! I love that. This card is just stunning. Great work
Linda Simpson said…
This is gorgeous Lou, love the lace and the beautiful backgrounds you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Laine said…
Such a pretty creation. I have some of these laces and trims and only use them on special projects. This is beautiful.
Laine
xx
Naomi said…
So beautiful, love it.
Anonymous said…
Hello Lou, A stunning card and love the colours. Great stencil and love the ribbon roses.

Chrissy xx
Tracy W said…
Stunning, beautiful colour tones! Creative Blessings, Tracy x
jane stillman said…
A fabulous card, love the techniques and design. The flowers and lace are gorgeous x
Emma Goddard said…
A stunning card Lou, beautiful xx
Unknown said…
Beautiful card and layout Lou. Hugs Jennifer xx
Chris said…
Beautiful card, love the design and colour. Chris xx
Stephanie said…
This is stunning, loving the pink and all the details. Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Scrap.
Julie B said…
Gorgeous pink confection Lou. Love how you created the background with the stencil and hi lighted the happy with white.
So pleased to see joined us at Fantasy Stampers and STAMPlorations. :)
Christine said…
in one word: wonderful!!
thanks for taking part in addicted to stamps challenge
Christine
JayBe said…
Absolutely beautiful result, Lou - thanx for playing along at Fantasy Stampers and good luck, hun.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
Tanvi said…
This is fabulous! TFS at Craft your Passion#250. Good luck!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful! Love the pretty pink so elegant and pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Gwyneth said…
An absolutely gorgeous creation. Love the colours.
LauraJane:) said…
Super mixed media! Thanks for linking up to the STAMPlorations February Challenge.