It's all about the embossing ...

This week has flown past quicker than Concorde and even faster than the speed of light! It has been choker full of "stuff" that I have completed but I don't remember when, where and sometimes why (lol). Relaxing but busy weekend happening and looking forward to getting away. I just home not too many people are travelling on Friday evening ... I can but wish ...

The theme this week over at Polka Doodle Challenges is "add some embossing" and as I forgot to blog my card last week, thought I had better add it and hope no one noticed my absence ... eeeek!  I have used papers, sentiment and embellishments from Work and Play 9, Love and Kisses.
 

I printed off all my elements and embossed them with different embossing folder. I then sanded back all the embossing to age the papers a bit.


Next I knocked the colour further back by adding fine white pearlescent pan pastel. This gave all the papers and embellies a great shimmery effect (which is not captured clearly in the photo).


I then began layering all my papers and images. I mixed embossed pieces with "plain" pieces which has given a wonderful textural feel to my card. I think it also has helped each stand out, (if that makes sense).



I then added some lace, little hearts and ribbon to add further textural elements to the card. Although it is "busy", I do love how all the elements blend together.


Right gotta get myself packed, the house organised and get an early night. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and catch up with you all on Sunday evening,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:


Challenges:
Crafting with Attitude - anything goes
In the pink - pink and floral
Frilly and funkie - something to say
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - anything goes
Colour Throwdown
Come and get it - anything goes with flowers
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Through the craftroom door - anything goes

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie
Sue said…
Lou, this is a wonderful card. I can see that a lot of work went into this and the end result is absolutely gorgeous. You have used so many clever design ideas and skilful techniques, - a completely beautiful creation.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us this week and joining in the fun at In The Pink
Sue...xxx
Barbara said…
This is such a very beautiful card....love the softness of the colour palette, and the design is lovely x
KarinsArtScrap said…
Lou another gorgeous card
Gr Karin
Sandra Carey said…
Wow love this beautiful card Hugs Sandra xx
Linda Simpson said…
This is fabulous and love the embossing, it really adds dimension to the layers.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Unknown said…
Love all the layers and texture in this card, Jackie x

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner
Unknown said…
Fabulous card Lou, I am glad I am not the only scatterbrain, I nearly blogged my DT card for Little Claire's a week early, LOL, just caught it in time...xxx
Wanda Cullen said…
Beautiful collage card and love all your added textures! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!
Lori said…
Gorgeous! Love all the different embossed layers and your use of the pan pastels to really show the embossing off. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!
Jenny Marples said…
Absolutely beautiful Lou. Love the different treatments you've given to the roses and the way you've layered them up. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x
Cec said…
How pretty with all the gorgeous flowers and layers. Love the lace and ribbon peeking out. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec
Nancy Dynes said…
This is absolutely breathtaking!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy
This is just too much Lou! Those layers, your colour choices, just everything! Just WOW. xxx