Mixing it all up ...!

I suppose I was a little bit of a stamping/inky mess snob as never thought that I would be able to use these crafting styles with dies but I think I have proved myself completely and utterly wrong!

Today, Tonic Studios are introducing a new range of Nuvo ultra fine embossing powders along with some more stamps to add to their expanding Exquisite range over on Create and Craft as the "weekender". I was very lucky to be asked to have a play and this is one of my samples ...


I created the background by stamping a flower design (with versamark) and embossing with Nuvo clear embossing powder. Next using Nuvo pens 461 and 463 from the Natural browns collection, plus a little 449 (Rosy Pinks) with cut'n'dry, I aged the edges and a little of the middle. Next using a Versamark pen, I added "dabs" and covered these with a mixture of Nuvo white and gold embossing powder. Finally I stamped the "Prom princess" image and embossed her with Nuvo gold embossing powder.


I added some colour to her hair, face, arms and back. I die cut the Tonic mannequin tag and aged both pieces using the same technique as above. I layered the images and added some pins and a ribbon rose for add decoration.


I layered the mannequin on to the edge of the "Prom Princess" topper. Now I thought it looked a little bland, so I die cut   frame which I cut in half (diagonally) and added to the top corners.


I layered all of the above on to a piece of distressed card and added some lace as an additional texture. To join the image and the mannequin, I die cut the butterfly header, aged and distressed it as per the other items.



Finally I die cut "MUM" using the Clarice alphabet dies and filled the letters with yummy chocolate glitter. Mounted them on to a cream panel so they "popped" out from the card.

I then added some distress chipboard flowers (in the same way as other items) and a few lickle hearts. Now watch this space as I have a few more samples to share with you over the next few days!

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Art by Miran - anything goes
Craft 4 Eternity - vintage
Sister Act - anything goes
Crafting with attitude - anything goes
7 kids college fund - anything goes
Fab'n'Funky - shabby chic
Fan-tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist; feminine

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Lou I'm loving your style of cards n mixed media. I have a blog and sometimes struggle to add my mixed media and card makes as I'm not technically minded n get frustrated when something goes wrong! Also I've realised I've made much more than the fotos I have lol. Do you have any tips of how I could organise myself. Another problem is once I'm reading a blog I click on other blogs n 2hrs have pasted! Lol. Keep up the good work. Xxx
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Fab 'n' Funky for our 'Shabby Chic' challenge. Your lovely card is just perfect for this challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is so elegant and gorgeous Lou and your card above it's a beauty.
Gr Karin
Rachel Parys said…
Gorgeous work!! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Thank you for taking part in our art by miran challenge,
I very much enjoyed looking at your project and all
the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy
michele said…
Fabulous card! Thanks for joining is with the vintage challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity! Hugs x
Unknown said…
love your card thank you for joining our Artby Miran challenge
Jane DT xx
Jo said…
Looks amazing! Thank you for playing in our challenge at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com.