Lemonade Fizz meets pan pastels ...

It's Sunday and again I wonder how the weekends go so fast. It's be a chauffeuring kind of weekend as Aaron had his Leavers Ball on Friday so lots of driving to different gatherings, in lots of different places! Can't believe that his secondary schooling comes to an end and am now panicking as to what happened to the last 7 years!!! A new chapter to his life starts and I think he is very excited about it all.

Recently I have been making a project with my pan pastels (will share later) and had some water colour paste still remaining, so used it to create a simple, layered floral card ...



I have stamped the images from Lemonade Fizz Soup Stamps and began by colouring them with dry pan pastels and the to add depth, with the wet paste mixture. I should really say it's not a paste, paste. I carefully create some dust by scraping the sides and then add a little bit of water which in turn makes a thick pan pastels paint. I call it a paste because it has that texture. I hope I'm making sense ... ? I have layered the flowers up by stamping extra petals; instant fuller blooms.



I have used the raw umber with Perfect Medium to create the little hearts in the background and also to age the edge of my card. Gold GraphIt shake pen for the flower centres.


My card is finished with some twine and buttons and simply matted. Have left the card blank and will add a sentiment when I come to use it. Have been doing the latter quite a bit recently because I then have a greater choice of cards to use when the need arises.

Hopefully having a lazy Sunday just chilling and catching up with family. Have fun whatever you are doing today,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:




Challenges:
Glitter and Sparkle - anything goes
Stamping Sensations - anything goes
Crafty Friends - summer time
Eclectic Ellapu - anything goes

Comments

Mrs A. said…
I love your card Lou. The colours are so refreshing. Don't have any pan pastels myself do read your technique with interest. Hugs Mrs A.
Claire said…
Beautiful card Lou, love those colours
Claire xx
Woooow, this a brilliant way to use Panpastels, Lou, I am going to pin this idea and try ASAP. Or that's the theory so much to do, too little time to play :)
Thanks for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
Diane Louise J said…
Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Summer Time’ challenge with your lovely card. Those flowers are so pretty. Good luck and hope you can join us again.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge]
Sue Crease said…
This is a wonderful card, your colouring in with the pastels is excellent. Thank you for joining in with us over at Ecletic Ellapu this month.
Sue DT
Unknown said…
Beautiful card love the flowers
thanks for joining glitternsparkle
Lynne
Anonymous said…
This is simply fabulous! Gorgeously done! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Eclectic Ellapu!
Unknown said…
I love turning project leftovers into new projects! Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s May challenge!

-DT NieNie
Unknown said…
Such a gorgeous creation.

Thank you for entering our Summer challenge at Crafty Friends.

Hope to see you again soon.

Tracey DTxx
Unknown said…
Such a gorgeous creation.

Thank you for entering our Summer challenge at Crafty Friends.

Hope to see you again soon.

Tracey DTxx