Oceanic birthday wishes

Yippee Thursday has arrived and I can literally touch the weekend. Not sure why but I am bushed! My eyes are gradually getting smaller and smaller as this week has progressed, so on Saturday I am looking forward to a wonderful 'lie in' ... however we all know what will happen? Yep, I'll be up at the crack of dawn! Anyhow, did I mention that the weekend is nearly here?

I've been playing with my stamps and then using my dies to create different layers or embellishments. Thoroughly enjoyed myself as I could get inky, making a mess that way but could also cut lots of die cuts out and make even more mess with the paper offcuts ... ! Well here is what I made ...



I created the stamped background, using masks, to appear as if the sea elements are beside or resting on each other. All images have been water coloured with distress inks. I then stamped the sea horse in the centre and inking all the edges. As an added extra, I have used the different bubble stamps to add to the background.


Cutting the Bubbleicious frame from white card and then embossing it, gave me a perfect line to follow to cut out the centre portion. I randomly stamped the frame with the small bubble stamps and then placed it around the seahorse.


The sea weed was created by using the branch from the Cherry Blossom set and each has been coloured with distress inks. The sea weed was placed near each corner so that the sea horse took centre stage. To cover my gluing, I added another shell on top. I felt the card needed a sentiment, so sneaked one in the corner.


Did I say earlier that the weekend is nearly here? That's because I have sketched out 5 designs that I just NEED to make without interruptions. I think I am becoming a little impatient ... okay a lot impatient!

Thanks for popping over and I'm off to catch up with the family,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Craftaholics - birthday cards
Crafty Girls Creations - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Colour throwdown
Deep Ocean Challenge - anything goes

Comments

Janis Lewis said…
Beautiful card. I just love it. Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.
~DT Janis
Jane Savage said…
Awesome make, Lou! So creative as always! Enjoy your lie in, and have a good weekend! :) xxx
SewPaperPaint said…
Wow! This is such a beautiful card, great image placement! Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)
Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card that seahorse is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Barbara said…
Nicely done! Love that seahorse as the focal point! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown! Hope to see you back next week!
debby4000 said…
Gorgeous under the sea card, love the seahorse and the amazing details.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby