Skating on by ...

It's new release day over at Polkadoodles and the wonderful character Winnie has now got her own Christmas collection - Winnie Winterland. For my second project, I have again made the main focus the embellishments, tags and flowers from the collection. I have also sneaked in a few die cuts too from the Polkadoodles Craft Die range.


I have used one of the plain tags from the collection as my starting point and then decorated it with lots of embellishments. My main image was the ice skates and I have cut round them using the oval frame from the Bubbleicious Frames die set. I then cut another oval in plain card, cut it in half and then placed these around the skates oval, to look as if I had a larger matching matting die.


Using a selection of the foliage and flowers, I decorated the oval adding gold glitter stickles as an accent. The extra leaves were die cut using the leaf die from the Bubbleicious Frame set. I also decorated the bottom of the tag the same way.


I have used one of the sentiments from the collection to create a sentiment strip as my additional paper on the tag. Everything had a little inking with antique linen and peeled paint distress ink. Near the bottom of the tag I added another strip of paper which has all the days of December. I have deliberately chose the bit where 23rd, 24th and 25th were the main focus. Adding a clear domed sticker over the 25th, makes it stand out more. (This is the shiny blob you can see in the photo above)!


My finished card is the same size as a DL card and really pleased with myself as I do have a dreadful habit of just doing 'square' cards. I hope you are all enjoying the new release and all the links you need are below.

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Crafting with friends - anything goes
Creative Fingers - anything goes
Star Stampz - lots of layers

Comments

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at CWF.

Hugs
Claudia
DT Crafting With Friends
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be