Spellbloggers post - Flip, Flap Book using All Stitched Up dies

Whilst hunting for some new ideas to do in Art & Craft club next term, I came across this fabuloys tutorial to make a flip book or waterfall book by Alexandra M on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCRKWQG7h4s. Well I had to simply try it out ... obviously in the interest of being able to teach how to make it to the children ... otherwise how will I know if the class would be able to do it 😆😅😉

Here's my take on the project and I've used the Spellbinders All Stitched Up die set to embellish my book ...


I created the booklet and have decorated the front using All Stitched Up die collection with labels being created using Spellbinders Venise Lace layering dies. I added extra trim, beads and flowers to the dress form die cuts to create more detail and depth. Other elements from the same die set were also added by being cut and then layered in different colours.


Flowers and butterflies are from Spellbinders Marisa's Bouquet dies and I thought they added a feminine touch to the design. The belt closure was made from the remnants of an old belt which I have cut down (width) and added a buckle. Holes were punched in opposite end at different intervals to allow the flip flap book to grow in size.


I've left the pages blank for the moments as haven't quite decided on what the book will be ... alternatively I could just create a selection of embellishments &/or layers leaving the recipitant to decide on the use ... now that sounds like a plan ...! I added a metal embellishment to act as the 'pull' because I felt it would be stronger that a card tab.


The papers are from a  reduced pad I found in a local paper shop and as they didn't have a front or back cover, sadly I can't share who the maker/designer is; if you know, please let me share so I can credit accordingly.

Please do pop over to Alexandra's YouTube page and check out the project; it's a fab, easy, quick book to make. She also has loads of other wonderful designs and I'm very jealous and in awe of her creativity.

Lou
x x x



Products & links:


I would like to share my book in the following challenges:
International heart & soul - layer it up
Crafts Galore Encore - anything goes
CCC Digi Creations - more than one fold
Kreative-in-kauf Challenge - no cards
Mix It Up - anything goes
Not Just Cards  - anything goes
Scrapbook & Cardmaking - anything goes

#spellbinders   #spellbloggers   #neverstopmaking
__________________________________

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Sall said…
Beautiful and great colour choice too. Thank you for supporting International Art and Soul, I love seeing your creativity and imagination at work. We hope to see your inspiring talent again in the near future. Love ‘n’ hugs Sall, International Art and Soul DT
This is such a beautiful and wonderous design. The details are wowzers and so fun! The colors you have chosen to use are so pretty together! Awesome sauce and fantabulous!
Stunning work. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge.
Good luck
Lynda x
ELFi said…
Wow, your flip book looks amazing! Love the colors and the design. Thank you for joining us at KEC!
ELFi
Lisa J said…
Fabulous creation. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight. Lisa DT CCC Digi Creations
Engelchen said…
very nice.
Thank you for joining us at CCC digi creations.
Greetings Geesje
Your creation is amazing
Thanks for joining us at Kreativeinkauf Challenge
Hugs Anja
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous flip book love the beautiful papers ---Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations
Carol DT x