Santa Sleigh 3D shading stamp from Spellbinders

Daily, for the next week, I am having a "Christmas with Spellbinders" event and as part of this event, I am offering blog candy ... which I will ship world wide. You can check out my blog candy post HERE for all the details. However before you rush off, my fourth project is just below ...

For this project I had a real blast playing with a selection of the 3D shading stamps to create an aperture card ...


I began by stamping and embossing a piece of A5 white card with the 'It's Snowing Holiday' stamp and then using a nesting rectangle die (largest), I cut an aperture. I added extra detail to the edges using my Nuvo mousse which highlighted the snowflakes even more.


Next stamping the tree detail on to my card blank. I carefully drew light pencil marks so that I remembered where the aperture would be and began layering the trees to look as if they were part of a winter forest. Once happy with the placement, I covered them in Nuvo Sparkle Dust and Nuvo Glitter paste. The combination of the two created a fabulous textural feel  ... in my eyes (lol). Whoops should add that the snowy tree landscape was made using 'Pine Trees Holiday' shading stamp.


I stamped the 'Santa Sleigh' image and water coloured on to a separate piece of white card, cutting him out. Whilst he was drying, I added my snowflake aperture layer on to my card blank - with 3D foam - and carefully lined up the aperture. Santa was then mounted on to the front of the aperture to make him stand out from the background. As a finishing touch, I stamped my sentiment, cut it in half and added it to my card.

Sadly I think my camera is on it's last legs as however much I tried, my photos are not that great - many apologies - but do hope you can still see how wonderful and versatile these shading stamps are!

Santa Sleigh Holiday 3D Shading Stamps  Pine Trees Holiday 3D Shading Stamps  Cold Spell Holiday 3D Shading Stamps

Spellbinders have a special offer running at the moment on any of their monthly die cut clubs and the code is good until 31st December ... why not pop over and check out all the different clubs.

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs

Many thanks for popping over and seeing my projects this week ... I appreciate every visit and love reading your comments. Please don't forget my blog candy draw where you could be in with the chance of winning a wonderful Christmas themed set of dies from Spellbinders. Details HERE ...

Have a great day everyone,

Lou
x x x

#spellbinders  #spellbloggers  #neverstopmaking

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a stunning Christmas card those stamps are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Scrappy Scatty said…
oh wow how magical! My favourite yet well done Lou xx