You are Simply the best ... with Polkadoodles stamps

Whilst waiting for the gesso on another project to dry, I decided to use up some of the die cuts I had needed for my mixed media project, to make another project but this time a card. On my desk was sitting my stamp folder which is full of wonderful stamp set from Polkadoodles and I was immediately drawn to the Absolutely Vintage set. These were my starting point for my card ...


I began by creating my background pieces using firstly the accessory stamps to create the decorative strip at the back of the card and also the focal point on the Stitched Circle die cut.  I've edged the circle with one of the small detail stamps from the same set with worn lipstick distress ink.


As I started layering up my card looked a little sparse - anyone who knows my crafting style, less is more is definitely not my mantra - and whilst flicking through the stamp folder, my eyes finally rested on the smaller floral designs from the Tropical Flowers 1 stamp set. All have been stamped in distress inks, (full details in product list below), cut out and the ink blended out with an Aqua Flow shimmer pen.


As a finishing touch to the flowers, I have added sequin centers in complimentary colours. I had originally stamped the sentiment 'Have a Fabulous Day' from Belle Papillion stamp set but it looked too large on my card, so opted for a smaller design. Again this looked 'weird' and out of place and as I had some spare die cuts around from the 'Fabulous Mitred Things' set, they were just the right finishing touch and an excellent place for the sentiment. Do you agree?


Love it when something comes together without much fuss and I didn't argue with myself once about placement of designs (lol).

Right the gesso is dry and my pan pastels are now calling me but as I get messy, better grab the apron and baby wipes first. What have you been making recently? Leave me a comment or link and I would love to pop over and see,

Lou
x x x

Products & links:
Image result for polkadoodles stitched circles




Challenges:
Polkadoodles - anything goes
Crafty Girls Creations - anything goes
Let's craft & create - anything goes
The Creative Crafters - anything goes
Scrapbook & cardmaking - birthday
WWODT - anything goes
Cardz4Galz - stamping
Crafting with an attitude - anything goes
Southern Girls - nature

Comments

Linda Simpson said…
This is beautiful, I love the gorgeous images and dimension. It is wonderful seeing you blogging again.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Beautiful Project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Janis Lewis said…
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Let's Craft and Create.
Loose Stitches said…
Beautiful card, lovely design! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters! Hope to see you again!
~ DT/Co-Owner Sherry x
Kathy said…
I love this Lou, so much details and such beautiful soft colours
Siv said…
Totally stunning! I do LOVE everything at this card. Thanks for joining us at the Polkadoodles Blog Challenge. Hugs, GDT Siv :)
Cazro said…
Wow, this is so pretty, I love it. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT
Jonnece said…
Simply beautiful. Thanks for joining us at ‘Lets Craft and Create’. Jonnece DT
Andrea said…
Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us in our week 8 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles Andrea xx
Unknown said…
What a great card, love what you have created. Thanks for joining our Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes , hugs, Carol DT
Claudia said…
Hi Lou, what a romantic and with lot of love for details created card. Simply wonderful!

Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge
Karen Oliver said…
What a gorgeous pretty creations.Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.
I love the layering and the details. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Jacqueline DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge
Ef-ka Ewa Flor said…
Lovely design! Great Job!
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Ewa DT for  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge
Ef-ka Ewa Flor said…
I love all of the details! Great Job!
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Ewa DT for  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge