Stampbord, pan pastels and some stamping to create a box

Well this week flew by so quickly but it was a great week. The weather was gorgeous and we packed so many activities in but all the children had great fun. I suppose apologies must be sent to all the parents as I bet they had some very crabby, tired children yesterday ... but they wouldn't want it any other way. Myself, I'm shattered and after a warm bath to soak the aches, I just had to jump in to my own bed to "chill" and more importantly, enjoy the quiet!

Before I forget, I must announce my postcard RAK giveaway from We Love to Create Challenge #12 and the lucky winner of my postcard and stampbord pieces is ...

 Linda Simpson

Please email me Linda with your snail mail address and I will get your goodies (I hope) in the post to you.

Anyhow, it's inspiration week over We Love to Create Craft Challenges and I have been playing with my stampbord again to create a box with its own hinged lid. This was one of my samples for the recent stampbord show on Create and Craft TV ...



I have been trying to organise my "stuff" ... well all the images, ephemera bits, tags etc in to one place so I remember what I have and who knows, use some of the bits up! Well I found these toppers and whilst I wouldn't use them as toppers, I thought they'd be brilliant for this project.


I covered various pieces of square and ATC sized stampbord with the images and then began altering them.


I began with white pan pastel mixed with gel medium to edge the pieces and then covered all the pieces with soft gold.



Next I used my PAB Postcard stamp set to add images (stamped in brown versafine) randomly over the pieces. I then began joining four of the square pieces to make my box sides.


Next I covered all the pieces with a mixture of soft gold and copper pan pastel. I sealed the pieces with clear embossing powder. I then joined the pieces together to make my box, sticking them to a decorated ATC stampbord tile.


On all the edges, I used copper embossing powder as a sealer and also for added texture.


Next it was time to add the hinges so that the lid could open.


Once in place, I could then decorate the top of my box. I used the same stamp set and some frilly bits, sequins and brads.


I also added some decoration to the sides to tie in with the top.


Finally after faffing with the extras, my box was finished.


I do love how it turned out and have another one on the go as I think it would make an excellent gift box, come present for Christmas.

Right, I'm off to get organised for tomorrow as have loads to prep and if I can get done quickly, want to spend some time catching up with all the posts I have missed in blogland. Have a great Sunday everyone,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:




Challenges:
2 Creative Chicks - anything goes
The ABC challenge - L is for lace
Crafty Time Challenges: anything goes
Creative Moments - embossing
Simon says Stamp - anything goes
Craft my life - anything goes but no cards
Love to scrap - anything goes
Not just cards - anything goes
Simply papercraft - anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - anything goes
Recycle, re-purpose, re-invent - anything goes
Altered Eclectics - anything goes

Comments

Linda Simpson said…
Hi Lou, come for my usual visit to see what you have been creating and blow me down I see my name and I once I read the blog post realise I had won. OMG I am over the moon to have one of your originals. Thank you hun!

As always I love visiting and today is no different! WOW this is AWESOME! I love it too. Off to email you now :)

Hugs
Linda (doing a happy dance) xxxx
Wheelie Crafty said…
Wow Lou what a gorgeous useful little Box... It really is the sweetest thing...

Congratulations Linda...

Hugs Rhonda xx
What a BEAUTIFUL box! Wow all the detail you have here it's just lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us at Simply Papercraft this challenge!
Jennifer, DT
Virginia L. said…
Wow, this truly is work of ART and labor of LOVE! Love the floral images and how you utilized the stamping! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!
Jackie T said…
Hi all your creations are gorgeous. Congratulations to Linda. Hugs Jackie
Anonymous said…
What a stunning box, just love everything about it to the colours, the papers everything. Well done Linda..

Hugs Erin xx
Beautiful box, lovely vintage feel to it.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck. Rupa (DT)
Nannieflash said…
Beautiful box, I love all the papers youve used. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx
Sandra Wright. said…
How pretty is this,its delightful.
A great entry for our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x
Pam said…
What a lovely box you have created!

Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

Unknown said…
Beautiful little box! Love the roses and butterfly :)
Thanks for joining us at LTSCB. Best of luck with your entry!

Tammy DT
Unknown said…
BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, LOVELY, SPECTACULAR. Thanks bunches for joining the June Challenge at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. j
Heather B said…
WOW!! Our theme this month was actually "Girls, Girls, Girls", but your project still fits! And such an amazing work of art it is! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Time Challenges!
Anjie said…
Oh Lou, I wish I had a 10th of your talent, this is outstanding!
Hugs
Anj
xx
Lou, This is a gorgeous box and I loved reading how you did it. Thank you for sharing your lovely piece in our June challenge on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and hope you will visit us again.

:) Chris / CS Designs

Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent Monthly Challenge
Doodle Pieces Original Art by Chris Stern
CS Designs - Original Digital Stamps
Ooopps - I think I must be loosing the plot! Again I was sure I'd left you a comment on this project....anyway, yet another stunner! xxx
Judy McKay said…
Beautiful box. Love all of the special details. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see your beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT