Skip to main content


Showing posts from June, 2017

Making a faux mirror from scratch ...

Sunday ... ahhh, where has the weekend gone? My 'to do' list doesn't seem to have decreased in size, in fact when I last looked I had added 6 more things to the list!!! That's the joys of the summer term and end of term activities ... sighs as wipes hand across sweated brow (obviously in a 'jazz hands' way) ... 😇😉😳 My project for ' Love 2 Create Challenges ' is only part one because I can't share with you the full completed project as it's part of a new launch of stamps by Nikky Hall of Polkadoodles on 29th June 2017 on Create & Craft TV. Here's a wee sneak peek of part of my project ... Can you guess what it is? Let me see if I can give you a clue ... ummm.... errr... ohhhh, I know ... the wicked Queen in Snow White consulted with one on a regular basis ...! I began by gathering together a selection of stampbord pieces and played around with them until I had the shaped frame I wanted.  Next, I added my pan pastels trying

Beauty in flight ...

Another post from me as a proud ... When choosing some products to use on behalf of Spellbinders, I instantly fell in love with this stamp set with matching dies called 'Swallow'. I could so many possibilities and when I received them, had to play straight away. So water pens to the ready, I set off and here's what I came up with ... I began by stamping all the images with clear ink and embossing in white. Next the fun part ... adding the colour. I have flooded the image with blue adding darker areas to make the white 'pop'. I have coloured the images keeping to a bold colour palate; again the colours stood out. I stamped the 'beauty' sentiment (from Beauty & Elegance stamp & die set) and die cut using the matching die. Before adding the sentiment, I over-stamped the image with the sentiment stamp from the 'Swallow' set to add more interest. I have kept the card simple in design and simply matted on to a white 7"x5&q

Happy Father's Day

Oh my! It would appear that me and Mr Blogger - always a 'Mr' when it goes wrong - haven't quite synchronised ourselves as you can probably guess when you take a look at my project below ... . This post should have been scheduled for last Sunday but somehow, it appears to be scheduled for tomorrow! So quickly, I have made the changes and am now sharing it with you all today 😂 For my project I have used the new range of alphabet & frame stamps from Tonic Studios - Block Capital, Cursive Capital & Initial Frames to create my project. I have stamped and layered the different frames on to decorative papers, paper piecing the results. Next, stamping the relevant letters on to white card. The latter was then cut out and added to the paper pieced frames. The 'Happy' frame has an addition layer to give the frame a 3D look however I stamped the day straight on to the decorative paper. I have added some star die cuts, heart punch shapes and complimentary

Bold and Bright ... ready for summer?

Using the waste to create a card with Spellbinder dies

On Saturday I shared my fortunate news about becoming a Spellblogger and also hinted that whilst making this card ( HERE ) a sudden 'eureka' moment materialised and I simply just had to give me idea a whirl. For my previous card I began by cutting loads of the 'With Love' sentiments and when I looked over to the piece of card I was using, suddenly realised I could use the waste to create a background. I began layering the different pieces together - so that the words became legible - on to a piece of backing paper. Gradually I covered the paper with the waste but now if you look at the photo, you'd never guess that these bits were originally destined for the bin! I cut a further 'With Love' from a piece of card (which I had measured to fit my design) and placed this on to a complimentary piece of backing paper. Photo is to show where the strip will go but not just yet ... Using the heart (from the 'Swallow & Heart' die co