... and the jukebox played ...

My recent make for the 'Win & Tonic' challenge was inspired by the Jingle Bells sentiment die especially as the song then kept bouncing around in my brain ...

Jingle bell, jingle bell
Jingle bell rock
Jingle bell swing
And jingle bells ring
Snowin' and blowin'
Up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun

I wanted to use the sentiment with non-Christmas dies, so I dug out my musical dies and had a 'play'. My first card used the electrical guitar (see HERE) and this time I've played with the juke box ...


Again I created my background using Nuvo embellishment mousse in Peony Pink & Citrus Green, dry brushing the colours and then spritzing the colours. Next I die cut the juke box in white but only embossed the die on to kraft card. I coloured both the white & kraft die cut the same as my background, layering one on top of the other and then cutting away the excess kraft card.


The sentiment 'Jingle Bells' was cut 3 times and layered on top of each other to create greater depth. It too was coloured the same as my background. The perfect harmony die was cut in white and again, coloured the same way. However the winter snowflake I just cut in white - once - to act as a contrast. The snowflake was then cut in half and mounted either side of the juke box.
 

Now the 'fail' bit ... I stamped 'ROCK' again but embossed the stamped sentiment in Ballerina Pink embossing powder ... epic fail ...! Why? The colour blends too greatly in to the background so you can't see it but hey ho, lesson learnt. 

If you get the chance, pop over to the 'Win & Tonic' challenge blog and see the fabulous projects the Tonic DT have made all Christmas inspired. They is also a 'cracking' present on offer too ...

Lazy Sunday morning here but need to pick up a bit of speed now as off out to lunch. Thanks for popping over and have a great day doing whatever makes you happy,

Lou
x x x


                                            Products used & links:


Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut - anything goes Christmas
A bit more time to craft - anything goes
Die Cut Divas - anything goes with dies
Dies R Us - anything goes with dies
Paru's Cardmaking Challenges - anything goes
WWODT - anything goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - festive sentiment

Comments

Angie said…
Wonderful card and now I'm singing Jingle Bells too!LOL.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. Best of luck with your entry.
Angie DT WorldwideOpenDesignTeamChallenge
Darlene said…
OH WOW! This is awesome Lou! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.
Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Wow this looks amazing, love the design. Great work.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Lou this is gorgeous!!! I love the colors.. so soft and pretty! So beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Dies R Us challenges and hope to see you in the next one! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Jo- DRU DT
♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
Hazel said…
Sorry I’m so late commenting. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 347 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x
Paru Mahtani said…
This card is so pretty! I love all the christmas icons with the pretty pink juke box.
Please follow the rules of the challenge and display the challenge storyboard and the challenge logo on your blog.
Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

Sandra H said…
This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "A Festive Sentiment" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx
Caz said…
What a gorgeous make...Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open...And good luck..Hope to see you again next month..

Caz x
[Caz DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]
My Blog