New Mixed Media challenge and sponsor ...

Woohooooooooo, today is the day to reveal the new Mixed Media Challenge which is still called 'Love 2 Create Challenges' and always with 'Anything Goes' challenges ... but ... we have a wonderful new sponsor, Nikky Hall of Polkadoodles. That might seem odd to lots of crafters who know Polkadoodles for their digi designs but Nikky also designs a fabulous range of clear stamps, paper pads and downloads especially for mixed media projects. Surprised? Ccheck out the stamps section in the Polkadoodles shop to be amazed at the wonderful designs on offer.

For the first challenge with out new sponsor, as it is a 'Special Day', I'm sharing a wall plaque I made using the Regal Peacock stamps ...






I began by randomly stamping my design on a piece of white card using Archival ink ...


Next, using my Aquaflow pens, I added lots of colour to create my background. The colours have been loosely blended as I didn't want soft edges.


Using one of the petal stamps, I stamped, watercoloured and cut the designs out. These, believe it or not will become my toadstool bases ...!


Next using the Toadstool Border die, I cut the design out in white, black and cream card.


Now to make the toadstools and again I have chosen one of the petal stamps, stamping and watercolouring before cutting them out.


The real fun part now begins for me as I can start adding all the different elements (or the faff stage as my hubby calls it), to bring my design together. Starting with that yummy Toadstool die  ...



To tie all the colours together I'm using ribbons & trims. This also adds extra texture to my design and yep ... I used all the items shown. Trust me, it'll look fab once completed ...


Next out came the white pen to add highlights and extra interest to my designs before adding my sentiment - from the Regal Peacock stamp set - which I decided to cut up.


A few hearts were added by using the butterfly wings stamp and watercolouring them, plus a sprinkling of diamonds too.


Whilst rummaging for my 'bits' came across some grommets that I must have bought eons ago when I first purchased my crop-a-dile. Thought they fitted the eclectic look, so on they went ...


Phew, think that's it and hope I've covered everything. Pop over to the Love 2 Create Challenge blog and join in our 'Anything Goes' challenge - we can't wait to see what you create.

Lou
x x x


Products used & links:





Going to hang out in the following challenges:
Addicted to stamps - stamp a background
Come & Get It - anything goes
International Heart & Soul - A special day
Mixed Media World - anything goes
Crafty Friends - ribbon or lace
Emerald City Crafts - anything goes

Comments

Jackie T said…
Wow this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Jackie T said…
Hi I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Emerald City Crafts Challenge Blog Anything Goes Challenge 3. Hugs Jackie (DT)
Marlies said…
Wauw what a fantastic creation! Stunning!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies
Hi Lou what a stunning creation did you make. I love the beautiful colours and the way you've build up the design.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)
Thanks for sharing this lovely project with us at IAAS. Good luck and we hope to see you again. Christine DT x
Diane Louise J said…
Hello Lou... Thanks for sharing your stunning wall plaque with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your plaque is absolutely lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Ribbons and/or Lace’ theme… enjoyed reading your tutorial of how you made it... good luck in the draw and please join us again.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]
Helen said…
Beautifully designed plaque - love all the details on this.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x